Hello Everyone

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexTheBottleHunter

Reaction score
Hello everyone! After coming across this site for quite awhile when searching online for information on various bottles, I finally decided to make an account and join in and hopefully even help share some stuff I've learned over the past few years.

My name is Alex and I'm from a small town just outside of Owen Sound Ontario. I collect bottles from all over Ontario, but my main focus is local bottles from Bruce & Grey counties. I spend lots of time digging and fishing for bottles in the area as well.

I thought I would also mention that over the last few years I've acquired quite a few bottles from various states, some of them I believe might be quite rare. As I hopefully get more organized, I will try to get some of them back to their original homes or find someone who is interested in them. I figure this site would be a good way to potentially maybe meet some of those people.

I'm looking forward to meeting other members who also share the same passion, maybe locally or from afar. Thanks!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! After coming across this site for quite awhile when searching online for information on various bottles, I finally decided to make an account and join in and hopefully even help share some stuff I've learned over the past few years.

My name is Alex and I'm from a small town just outside of Owen Sound Ontario. I collect bottles from all over Ontario, but my main focus is local bottles from Bruce & Grey counties. I spend lots of time digging and fishing for bottles in the area as well.

I thought I would also mention that over the last few years I've acquired quite a few bottles from various states, some of them I believe might be quite rare. As I hopefully get more organized, I will try to get some of them back to their original homes or find someone who is interested in them. I figure this site would be a good way to potentially maybe meet some of those people.

I'm looking forward to meeting other members who also share the same passion, maybe locally or from afar. Thanks!
Hello ATBH! Welcome to the board!

I live an hour east of Toronto & dive for bottles n' crockery all over the Province; I'm curious - how does one "fish" for bottles?

AlexTheBottleHunter

Reaction score
Hello ATBH! Welcome to the board!

I live an hour east of Toronto & dive for bottles n' crockery all over the Province; I'm curious - how does one "fish" for bottles?
Hello Dan! Nice, there are definitely a lot of good spots down that way for searching. I refer to it as fishing, but it is really just me in waders with a long stick haha. I've been tempted to get into diving sometime, but haven't yet...

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Hello Dan! Nice, there are definitely a lot of good spots down that way for searching. I refer to it as fishing, but it is really just me in waders with a long stick haha. I've been tempted to get into diving sometime, but haven't yet...
Ah yes, I thought as much. There is much video evidence of the rewards to be had for donning some polarizing sun glasses, arming oneself with a grab-stick and heading out to stroll the creeks. Nice to see you're picking some American glass occasionally; it always amazes me how many glass-container products from south of our border travelled so far northward. Post some pics of your finds for us - we always appreciate discoveries!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29