Hello from Michigan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EDM

Reaction score
I’m new to the Forum! I’ve found many interesting bottles over the years but haven’t kept them. I’ve had some in my garage for 8 years. Recently, as I was cleaning out the garage, I began to wonder if what I have are collectable. I used AI Software, Chat GPT to find out more. I think based on the etched words, that these are prohibition era bottles. “Not for Refill” “Federal law prohibits refills”. Along those lines.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm afraid you can't trust ChatGPT, the "Federal law prohibits..." bottles are all post-Prohibition, and the other marking could be from any era really. There aren't that many Prohibition-era liquor bottles from the US, for obvious reasons, although there are some whiskey bottles which were ostensibly for "medical use" and of course some bootleggers' bottles as well.

EDM

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm afraid you can't trust ChatGPT, the "Federal law prohibits..." bottles are all post-Prohibition, and the other marking could be from any era really. There aren't that many Prohibition-era liquor bottles from the US, for obvious reasons, although there are some whiskey bottles which were ostensibly for "medical use" and of course some bootleggers' bottles as well.
Chat GPT also recommended this Forum, by name, to learn more about the bottles I found. So at least it got something right :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29