I Can See For Miles and Miles and Miles....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Normally at this time of year, up in these here parts, my favourite river is frozen solid - but not this year! Today, the visibility was spectacular, albeit it mighty chilly. As I've been over this particular area many times, a new find is a rarity, but I managed to spot me a sweet old black bottle, likely an English beer or wine, with a finished top, possibly made in the 1860's or 70's. What's different about this bottle is that roughly the bottom third of the glass is truly "black" in appearance, whereas the other 2/3rds is the typical green colour - anybody see that before in a black bottle?

Hmmm, a bit frustrated - every pic I try to load gets the "File too big" treatment - what gives? Been posting similar pics since I joined this site.

Attachments

• Very Old BB.jpg
    Very Old BB.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 123

Newtothiss

Reaction score
How are you gonna make a post about beauty and clarity, WITHOUT A PHOTO?!

I feel cheated.

Semar

Reaction score
The site doesn't automatically resize your pictures?
I've been using a free easy to use image manipulation site called irfanview for the last 20 years.
It's easy to use and allows you to resize your pictures and also edit and color correct etc etc.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I've been using a free easy to use image manipulation site called irfanview for the last 20 years.
It's easy to use and allows you to resize your pictures and also edit and color correct etc etc.

I put a report in to the Admin. about the problem. For whatever reason, the same style pics I’ve posted here for years are now ‘too large.’

hemihampton

Reaction score
what size are they? how many MB or KB? Leon.

maybe e-mail me a pic & I'll see if i can get it to post?

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
what size are they? how many MB or KB? Leon.

maybe e-mail me a pic & I'll see if i can get it to post?
I think the problem may be my new I-Phone 15; some of the photos I wanted to post were 2 mb's or more. They did say the picture quality of this phone has been improved. The image I managed to post was less than 2mb's.

I went to settings and changed the format from 24 mp to 12 mp - I'll see if that helps.

Attachments

• Old Black Beauty 1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
  • Old Black Beauty 2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score

It does; methinks the problem is my new iphone 15's camera - greater resolution.

Thanks for the tip, Semar.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2