I Can See For Miles and Miles and Miles....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried a 2+ mb pic and it continues with “file too large”
can you right-click the image while on pc let me know what sizes they are? I have it set at 64mb....

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
can you right-click the image while on pc let me know what sizes they are? I have it set at 64mb....
4.1 mb

I just posted 2 more & they were accepted ( have to click on the thumbnail to see the picture - why is that? ).

Last edited:

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
once you attach image, small box in the attachment says INSERT, select full size

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you use the insert image button, it will auto insert it full size.
image.png

willong

Reaction score
What's different about this bottle is that roughly the bottom third of the glass is truly "black" in appearance, whereas the other 2/3rds is the typical green colour - anybody see that before in a black bottle?
I don't perceive in the photo such a pronounced and distinctive transition as you describe. However, I can speculate that such appearance might simply result from thicker glass material in the lower third of the bottle.

Old man digger

Reaction score
Back to the original question. What you have is a three piece mold bottle and it is very possible that the two top halves were from a different batch of glass and the result is dark base and a lighter two piece top. IMHO

Old man digger

Reaction score
Back to the original question. What you have is a three piece mold bottle and it is very possible that the two top halves were from a different batch of glass and the result is dark base and a lighter two piece top. IMHO

Veddar2000

Reaction score
The site doesn't automatically resize your pictures?
I've been using a free easy to use image manipulation site called irfanview for the last 20 years.
It's easy to use and allows you to resize your pictures and also edit and color correct etc etc.

I have used Irfanview for years as well. However I have found that I like Photoscape much better. I bought the Pro version and use it even over Photoshop. I can do everything I need with Photoscape. Just my two cents.

Tigrdog1

Reaction score
What a nice a$$ bottle!!!
Wow… great find.
Wonder who drank out of it last. :)
Rik in NOLA

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member