I found LOTS of bottles...need help identifying!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
William

Welcome to the forum, you have a very mixed lot of bottles. Whiskeys, soda, food, beer, inks, shoe posish, milks, meds etc. The date you were given is correct. Didn't see any that are worth a great deal, but the site is definately worth digging. I started out looking for Civil War relics and kept finding trash dumps, and eventually started collecting bottles.

This site will help with figuring out the different types of bottles, pontil, BIM, ABM, among a multitude of other things. Start with the glossary to understand the terms we use to describe the type bottles we find. There's a lot there just bite off a little at a time. It's the best site for bottle descriptions I've seen.

http://www.sha.org/bottle/index.htm

bigghouse

Reaction score
i have a cliquote club exept its white not light blue. i found it in a river rite beside a park 2.

anna

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Hey Anna don't you go to school [8D] you sure have a lot of time to dig, I wish I did. we only dig on weekends.Rick

bigghouse

Reaction score
ya i do go to school i get all as[8D]

and i found that one a while ago[8D]

if ur getting sic of me then tell me[8D]

anna[8D]

sunrunner

Reaction score
metalfury: your dump,dats arond 1915 or so. thates y you,have such a mix of machen made and blown in the mold.suff.in my exsperinc,by 1920s ther are very few, straped flasks found,inthe dumps and food bottles are a lot planer.

Metalfury

Reaction score
Thank you for the information all...you have all been VERY helpful!
I'll be returning to this dump site this weekend and see what else I can find. I still love my metaldetecting but I'm getting into collecting bottles more and more...

bottlepoor

Reaction score
I started metal detecting first also, found my first bottle in a dry creek bed. Now my passion is glass although I still metal detect when I can but, I find more digging. Keep posting thats why I joined to hear what others find. NICE first dig. Keep digging, keep posting.

towhead

Reaction score
Looks like a spittoon. And, local dairy/milk bottles are usually desirable.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Gunnels