J. J. Pillsbury, Atlanta GA,

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this bottle? I have been told no one who would know more than I can find any record of J.J. Pillsbury brewery in Atlanta; possibly a keg re-bottler.. There are rumors of a Pillsbury Hutch in existence. I wonder if it is a soda or a beer/ale? There are 19 more detailed photos of it on my blog. Thanks for your help, -todd

Attachments

• SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA.jpg
    SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 48
  • SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-2.jpg
    SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-2.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 47
  • SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-3.jpg
    SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-3.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 42
  • SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-15.jpg
    SAACS-Detailed-Images-328-J._J._Pillsbury_-_Atlanta,_GA-15.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
John J. Pillsbury was a grocer in Atlanta, Georgia in the 1880's; I believe he passed away in 1889. He's also listed as a manufacturer's agent, which often meant that he would have been an "agency" for a brewer or other producer; so very likely he was bottling and selling (but not brewing) beer in his grocery.

Lordbud

Reaction score
There are some online websites that have bottle dating and mold information. Look them up!
As far as 'value' check out ebay for recent sales of the similar/same bottles you are interested in.
Value is in the eye of the beholder.
Any so-called 'value' is out of date soon after it is published.
Collect what you like or enjoy -- whether the bottle is rare or valuable or just pretty to look at.
Many antique bottles can be safely dropped into your weekly recycle bin on the curb.
Slicks, chipped or damaged examples usually have little value.

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
Thank you lordbud. I have searched and found quite a bit of information for dating bottles. A lot of it I knew and there was a lot I learned about like mold venting holes that I did not. I am not sure how to google to find the mold information though. I think I don't know which search terms to use to search for that. Could you make some search term suggestions that would help me isolate them? Thank you again for your help.

The internet is amazing!! what I wouldn't have given to have it back when I was digging/collecting in the 70s. You had to buy books each year back then, and even then, many were then so obscure that they weren't included. Thanks again, t

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
Just to share information on the sale of this bottle that may help others value it...... It sold as auction on ebay for $224.50 with only one bid. That was the starting bid I guessed at, and it only had a few views. ?? Just an FYI

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29