Look What the Cat Dragged In!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
My wife and I went cat sitting today. Its a prelude to grandparenthood I guess. Four
black cats and counting. Of course they were rescue cats destined for the dumpster. They all look the same to me. I forgot my branding iron yet again.

IMG_3448.JPG

Its customary for us to poke around the place. The cats don't seem to mind. I always start in the garage. Both walls were filled with Milwakee tool sets all mounted and ready for action. (some day?) A table was set with neatly arranged scraps of wire and copper pipe. Her son had rescued them from the neighbourhood trash so that he could recycle them for profit. That's my boy!

I've done the same thing. So has my own father. You should see the bottles that I've found!

IMG_3126.JPG

My wife was busy cleaning up the cat's mess. She was pulling things from their recycle to bring home. I guess she felt they might be useful to her son some day. I'd like to see the difference here but things are getting blurred.

IMG_3724.JPG

Not long ago I started collecting Bleacher Creatures. Not too many though because they can be quite expensive. Her son seemed impressed.

images-1.jpeg

I met my beloved in the family room. She looked troubled so I asked her what was the matter. She had gotten her son a bobble head with the same name as one of her son's cats...Tobi...a character from a Narudo book. I can't for the life of me remember the other cats names. Thus the branding iron. (cat lovers I am joking)

Unknown-1.jpeg

The exact same bobble head sat on a shelf full of Narudo books. So leave it for a joke I said. She furrowed her brow and proceeded to phone him. I left the room to go the the washroom, and as I passed the spare room my eyes popped. He had a wall of bobble heads. Maybe a hundred or so.

Unknown.jpeg

I returned to the family room to spread the good news as she was just finishing her call.
Her son was thrilled with the extra. He was going to trade it with a friend for one he badly
needed.

Attachments

• IMG_3448.JPG
    IMG_3448.JPG
    552.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3126.JPG
    IMG_3126.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: