Looking for an explanation for an outlier in realized prices for a hutchinson bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hi folks, I was looking at prices for a specific Shreveport, La hutchinson bottle on worthpoint and there is an outlier that I can't figure out. I don't know a whole lot about bottles, so there could be something fairly obvious that I am missing. I'm seeing seven of these bottles sold, six have an average price of ~$40. One sold for $1,247. As far as I can tell, the conditions are similar. What is different about that one bottle? Can anyone learn me up a little here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Full search results:

The bottle in question:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 12.03.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 12.03.36 PM.png
    956.3 KB · Views: 42

hemihampton

Reaction score
I don't think there is a difference in any of the Hutch Bottles. only difference I see is he added the magic words Coca Cola to his description. in my opinion I would think the amber Straight sided Coke that actually said Coca Cola would be worth more then the Hutch that didn't say Coca Cola. With out doing more research if I had to guess he probably didn't bottle coke at the time he was selling his Hutch's. He probably got a Franchise agreement with Coke later on. Just my opinion. others may vary. Leon.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29