My Last Post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
No pictures today. I'm signing off for now. I've rebuilt my new bottle collection from
scratch and it's time to move on to other things. I'll check in from time to time but
just as tip of the hat to those kind people that have helped me and befriended me.

I posted a homage to a fallen friend. It reminded me of how lucky we are on this fine
continent. My friends and family have defended it's freedom for almost 400 years now.
I descend from the very first militia in the new world, the St. Famille of Ville-Marie. They
were replaced by the Carignan-Salières, and even then, they fought with heroes. The
Prime Minister of our country is descended from them as well. I am in the company of
great men. I hope I always will be.

Young and old alike have graced this site. I'm proud to be associated with such people.
Bottles seem to have knit us all together. I think we thirst for better times. Bottles do
remind me of the good old days. I think they do the same for you.

Every generation brings new challenges but every so often one of us reaches the stars.
I'm not that old but remember the Cold War with duck and cover practices in our schools.
I proudly wore my Cub Scout uniform on Remembrance Day. Lord Baden Powell thought
it apt. When girls wanted to be scouts and cadets, I was the first to welcome them. I have
seen so much diversity in the years that followed that even strangers with strange customs
get my help.

I learn foreign languages and educate myself about each new arrival. I smile and wish them
welcome too. Sure there will always be bad apples, but people are good. My Mom taught
that. Her family had been in wars dating back to antiquity. Good people have paved a path
to my country. If not for gypsies and monarchs, I would not be here. This is the greatest,
safest place in the world. I could bottle up my tears right now but am equally free to let them
flow.

Keep on digging'!
Bottlebugs.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Well I'm going to miss your posts on here, but I'm glad I had the pleasure to get to know you! You have helped out a lot of people on here, including myself. So I guess your going Back to the Future now, whatever you do stay clear of Biff :) good luck on your journey.

Many thanks,
- Austin Priddle

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banjo5str