My Soul Mate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
My most prized possession is the memory of my childhood sweetheart. We were thick
as thieves from the day we first met. We were soul mates. She was three and I was six.
Even though we lived thousands of miles apart, every summer for two weeks we would be neighbours at a cottage camp in the Opeongo Mountains in Ontario. Her uncle had married my aunt.

As we grew towards those awkward teenage years, we became romantically inclined. I
put on the brakes until my Dad winked at me and said she wasn't my cousin. I was sixteen and she was thirteen. The week after I returned home I turned seventeen. I imagined my friends laughing at me and grimacing at my thirteen year old girl friend, so once again I backed off.

She pursued me relentlessly for three years with reason after reason to get
together. When I moved back to Ottawa, she seemed to always be visiting my cousins
next door and waiting for me on the porch. I moved out and soon lost track of her.

Many years later I was married and then divorced. When my daughter moved out to see
the world, I decided to start dating again. It had been seven years. Three blind dates later
I threw in the towel and expected to be an old and lonely batchelor. I tossed back a beer and told my friend all about my long lost love. I wished that I could have seen her again. Sigh.

Through a series of unbelievable coincidences, I met her on Victoria Day. It had only been three days since my wish. She recognized me! We agreed to go out for coffee, then dinner and a movie and then much, much more. We married thirteen years ago and have been together for over sixteen years. She is my treasure.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29