Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

chatty

Reaction score
Hello my name is Keith and I am new not only to this site but as a bottle collector as well, I'm from Toronto Canada and working in downtown Toronto diggin up an old garbage dump, I have come across some old eroupean bottles and have no clue about them, I thought maybe someone out here can give me some inforamtion on them.I have added some pictures of the bottles that I have. the white bottle is hard to read so here is what it says
"MOUTARDE de MAILLE
Vinaigrier-Distillateur
FOURNISSEUR
des premieres Gours
DE EUROPE
PARIS"
The clear glass is from Roger&Gallet

chatty

Reaction score
Sorry I have tried to put the pictures in , it is telling me it is to large, so im trying to figure out how to make them smaller. once I have made them smaller I will send them
Thank you
Keith

chatty

Reaction score
here is the white bottle

Attachments

• 5C27B4EB759A4646BDB0FBC23396B375.jpg
    5C27B4EB759A4646BDB0FBC23396B375.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 67

chatty

Reaction score
here is the glass bottle

Attachments

• 4B2B5406D438486DA2528FE18F6DB3EB.jpg
    4B2B5406D438486DA2528FE18F6DB3EB.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 61

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
Hey Keith, and welcome to the forum. Both those items look pre-1900ish to me. There is a help section here somewhere about posting photos. It was kind-of trial and error for me, but if you have an editing tool you should crop out everything but your bottle. If you have a resizing window in there I always select the "best for the web" setting. Seems to help. This EZ share stuff ain't so easy sometimes. Good luck to you!

TROG

Reaction score
Hi Keith and welcome to this forum.

The white stoneware bottle is a Mustard pot from a Paris company and the glass bottle contained perfume and is as well from Paris.
Both items date from around 1900 -1915

chatty

Reaction score
First of all thank you for the warm welcome, and thank you for the information, I'm sorry about the blurry pictures , I'm hoping it will get better with practice lol.
I found some information on the glass bottle as to where it started the year and that.
I have to say this is all really exciting for me. I have worked in construction for many years now, and couldn' understand why people wanted these old bottlles. For many years I would chase people off the sites that were looking for old bottles. I work in downtown Toronto have dug up many old garbage dumps and have just thrown the bottles out that I would find ( how silly of me ) Then just last week I chased an older gentleman off the site, he talked to me for a bit about the bottles under there and gave me his card, asked me to call him if i find anything at all. So after that talk I thought I might be on to a great hobby. I have spent a lot of time looking now, and you know this is addicting lol in a great way of course lol just hope I don't lose my job eeeekkk. It seems I have been finding a lot of bottle from Euroupe , I have a green bottle with the name Dr J C B Siegert & Hijos , and has this printing on the top and on the bottom on the bottle, I have tried to look this one up but can't seem to find anything, I will try again to send another picture of this one. It was hand made, and has the dip in the bottom of the bottle. Thank you again and I'm looking forward to looking at your old bottles and sharing mine with all of you.
Have a great day all
Keith

cc6pack

Reaction score
Keith,

Like the others said welcome eh,

The Dr. Siegert bottle is a Angostura bitters bottle. Hijos is spanish for sons. Common bottle in but worth a few bucks if it's pontil. There were discussions here a few months back about this bottle. I'll see if I can find them and post a link. Keep working on the pics it will get eaiser with pratice.

Here's some of the discussions on the bottle:

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/searchpro.asp?phrase=Dr+J+C+B+Siegert+&author=&forumid=ALL&topicreply=both&message=body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&language=single&top=300&criteria=AND&minRank=0&sortMethod=r&submitbutton=+OK+

chatty

Reaction score
Thanks cc6pack, the link was great , its so much fun learning about all these old bottles

Have a great day

Lynette

Reaction score
Hi Chatty.......I also dig in Toronto.....where abouts is this dump that you dig at...I would love to visit it sometime.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandyVF