Novice, what is this from?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Butch Butcher

Reaction score
As I was painting the foundation of our house yesterday, I found this piece of glass that looks to possibly be the bottom of a bottle. Our house was at one time a neighborhood store, where the family lived in one half and the other half was the store. I recall a soda called Wink when I was young, and thought maybe I'd found a section one of those bottles. But when I searched for old Wink bottles, I didn't find any with this on them, usually just numbers, etc. Plus, they were green, not clear. Maybe that's an "h" on the end??

Something my wife pointed out as strange is that the raised Wink pattern faces inward with the curve of the glass. My wife didn't understand how the manufacturer could have a mold that could put this on the inside of a bottle. So, just out of curiosity since I couldn't find anything on it myself, I decided to as this forum.

Thanks for any help on this. I appreciate any and all comments. Lee Wink bottle 1.jpgWink bottle 2.jpgWink bottle 3.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I think you've got a piece of a different Wink soda bottle, not the one made by Canada Dry. Maybe this brand?
1721756080118.png

As for it curving inward, that's because you've got the base to the bottle. Embossing on the inside would be impossible, but the embossing in this case would not be on the inside because the base of the bottle is concave.

Butch Butcher

Reaction score
Thank you, Canadian Bottles. That does make sense. I also found that Wink also made a soda called Wink Pink, which was raspberry flavored. I'm wondering if maybe they used clear bottles for that version. But with a deep cup at the bottom, it certainly seems that could be the explanation. The only other possibility is that it would have been from the front of the bottle. Thank you. Lee

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29