NUTT'S Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
There was a picture of a bottle posted a while back the just said NUTTS on the front and we were trying to find more info on it. Came across this one on one of my shelves I was rearranging today. Knew I had a NUTT"S bottle somewhere. Anyone familiar with this one? It's 5 1/4 in aqua embossed "NUTT"S COUGH SYRUP/ RAYMOND MEDICINE CO/ RAYMOND,N.H." Think this might be a much earlier version of the NUTTS bottle that was posted. If someone can find that earlier post let me know where it is. Thanks.

Cliff

Tr50736.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50736.jpg
    Tr50736.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 92

David E

Reaction score
Hi Cliff, I recall that post but find nothing in Fikes on NUTTS Or Raymond NH or the Medicine Co. So I would bet that all were local.
I do find only
J.R. RAYMOND CHEMIST
ROCKHAMPTON
Light Blue 4 7/16" x 1 5/8" x 1 5/8"
( Located in this book under Chemist's)

Dave

JustGlass

Reaction score
Heres a picture of a open pontil nutt's bottle I sold a few years ago on ebay for $237.00. Possible that your bottle maybe same maker at a later time period. A month before I sold mine I saw a open pontil nutt's bottle go for $400.00 plus. Thats what gave me the idea to sell mine which I kinda regret as it was a awesome bottle.

Sq45781.jpg

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Dave and Justglass,

Well looks like some of the pieces of the puzzle may fit. Although seems like Fikes would have something about NUTT'S bottles if it was sold for that many years ie. pontil thru poss. early 1900's. I picked up the one I have from a NH digger. Has a tiny hole in a corner so got it cheap. Thought it was a neat bottle, I like odd bottles and keep them even if damaged til I can find a better one. Always fun learning about old bottles. Keep on huntin.

Cliff

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
HI guys, I know this is an old post, but I've got diggers withdrawal with the frozen ground and all ... and am scrolling through every bottle diggers site on the web tonight, and every night.
Anyways, I've dug a couple of "Nutts " bottles, they were your basic extract/medicine type, but they were from Newmarket NH, which is about 20 miles from Raymond. I guess Dr. Nutt moved or possibly a brother or son was in the business as well. I've never seen either of these Nutts bottles.
Speaking of nuts, is it spring yet? Is the ground thawed? Wayne, I"m ready to jump into the water with you now !
Bram

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Downeast Digger...

Hey Bram... Been meaning to stop by, but I'm trying to button up a few jobs fefore the Holidays... Pam and I are going to visit her parents over the Christmas holiday so I will be out of town for a while.

Then, I'm hauling my boat out to get the cabin and new engine put on!!! Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Anyway, I hope that by the time I get my boat back in the water it'll be spring, the flowers blooming, the birds chirping, the water warming and my suit fitting trim ad slim??? oh well, three out of four ain't bad!![&:]

Wayne

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socorrostubbs36