old bottles, new collector

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AmIBlue

Reaction score
I have a number of bottles that I have collected just because i love the colors. However I am interested in dating them I have both old bell jars and other bottles. The one i am interested in at the moment has IG Co L on the bottom and has either a flask lip or a brandy lip, not sure which one as im still learning how to id them.

Attachments

• bluebot2.jpg
    bluebot2.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 56
  • bluebot1.jpg
    bluebot1.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 53

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Looks like Illinois Glass Company, I'm guessing 1880s based on the applied lip and the look of the base. I've never heard of flask lips and brandy lips before, I don't think that's typical bottle collecting terminology.

AmIBlue

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Looks like Illinois Glass Company, I'm guessing 1880s based on the applied lip and the look of the base. I've never heard of flask lips and brandy lips before, I don't think that's typical bottle collecting terminology.
I was searching how to date bottles and thats what came up on a website for trying to date by narrowing the date by the lips. I did think it was an Illinois Glass company so thank you for confirming that for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRizzi