Old Kerry Beverages - embossed & virtually no space for label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DKF

Reaction score
This is another one in my collection about which I have learned almost nothing thus far. It has an embossed ring around the body reading "OLD KERRY BEVERAGES" on one side and "LYNN & HAVERHILL, MASS." on the other. Most of the base is ribbed, bumpy (I forget what that's called) or both. Only the rather short neck has a smooth surface suitable for a paper label. Does anyone know how old this bottle is and what it might have contained? Would the neck have borne a label identifying its contents?

BCE3C71FDF1D41F78D4DFB805861C6CD.jpg

Attachments

• BCE3C71FDF1D41F78D4DFB805861C6CD.jpg
    BCE3C71FDF1D41F78D4DFB805861C6CD.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 126

DKF

Reaction score
I meant "body" not "base" and I remembered that the bumpiness is called "pebbling."

DKF

Reaction score
I considered that possibility as well. Do you have any information on Old Kerry Beverages and the possible date of this particular bottle?

DKF

Reaction score
Well, I think I've dated this bottle. On the base there is a capital letter "G" inside a square which, I believe, is the mark of the Glenshaw Glass Company of Pittsburgh. Just beneath the lip of the bottle appears a faint letter "O" which indicates that the bottle was made in 1943. Do I have it right?

DKF

Reaction score
Actually, "stippling" refers to creating designs on glass with tiny indentations poked into it with a pointed tool. Pebbled glass has tiny bumps, not indentations.

T D

Reaction score
Was gonna chime in a while back, but I see that is pointless... re: Dennis, Pat...

Oh what the heck...This is a reproduction bottle produced in 1983 by PGC Glass Co. out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was bottled for about four and a half months for the Prince of Georgia (the country, not the state) for his personal stash. The glass comes from a special supplier from the sugar mines of Puerto Rico. The glass pattern is actually called FRAPPLING. The official seal of the Prince of Georgia was ground off and replaced by Lynn & Haverhill for an unknown reason. The top was enclosed with a cork that had the flavor burned into the cork. Other than that, I'm not sure.

[sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

DKF

Reaction score
Well, then, that settles it! I thought I caught a whiff of the eastern Black Sea as I unearthed this bottle.

Precious Little

Reaction score
Some information on Old Kerry Beverages can be found on pg 126 of "The Irish in Haverhill, Massachusetts," Volume 2.
I Googled "LeColst Haverhill Kerry" and found it. (Arthur LeColst was a partner in the bottling business.)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cemrik1980