Prized Possession

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOVE

Reaction score
My father passed away last year leaving me with his huge collection of bottles. He got me into collecting when I was younger. Living in northern Michigan he dug dumps all around the area. I now have two Fisch Brewery bottles - one empty and one unopened . According to my father, brewer Fred Fisch gave the unopened bottle to him back in the 1960's before he passed away. The brewery was located in Rogers City, MI and operated from 1912 until somewhere around 1918. The unopened bottle used to have a label but it eventually crumbled away.

Attachments

• 20240608_160820 02.jpg
    20240608_160820 02.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think there is a guy in here from Alpena, Colten that might have the Fisch Bottle with a label. I have one with out a label. I think they are kinda tough to find for a Michigan Crown top Beer. Leon.

P.S. Just a Fisch label would be worth more then the bottle, in my opinion.

JOVE

Reaction score
I think there is a guy in here from Alpena, Colten that might have the Fisch Bottle with a label. I have one with out a label. I think they are kinda tough to find for a Michigan Crown top Beer. Leon.

P.S. Just a Fisch label would be worth more then the bottle, in my opinion.
I'm sure they're tough to find. They probably didn't travel too far out of the area.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
No doubt smaller producers provided for the locals. Yet, one of the more common thoughts that diggers/archaeologists get pensive over after extracting an irregular find is "How the hell did that thing get here?" ;)

JOVE

Reaction score
No doubt smaller producers provided for the locals. Yet, one of the more common thoughts that diggers/archaeologists get pensive over after extracting an irregular find is "How the hell did that thing get here?" ;)
Agree Len...at an old lumber camp in northern Michigan my dad found several pre-prohibition beer bottles from Pittsburgh Pa. So...how in the hell did those bottles get there?

woods_walker

Reaction score
My father passed away last year leaving me with his huge collection of bottles. He got me into collecting when I was younger. Living in northern Michigan he dug dumps all around the area. I now have two Fisch Brewery bottles - one empty and one unopened . According to my father, brewer Fred Fisch gave the unopened bottle to him back in the 1960's before he passed away. The brewery was located in Rogers City, MI and operated from 1912 until somewhere around 1918. The unopened bottle used to have a label but it eventually crumbled away.

Awesome collection! Especially the fisch bottles. Leon is right they are very hard to come by since the brewery was only in business for 4 years. I do have one with a label and partial original contents dried up inside and another without a label.

I see you have a few Alpena bottles in the picture as well, do you have anything else from this area that’s not shown? Would love to see what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOVE

Reaction score
Awesome collection! Especially the fisch bottles. Leon is right they are very hard to come by since the brewery was only in business for 4 years. I do have one with a label and partial original contents dried up inside and another without a label.

I see you have a few Alpena bottles in the picture as well, do you have anything else from this area that’s not shown? Would love to see what you have.

Thanks for the compliments! Cool that you have a few Fisch bottles especially one with a label. These bottles you may have seen before but I'm posting them again. Left to right, Beck's Beverage Company, Dehring's Soft Drink, Alpena Bottling Works and J. Beck Beer all from Alpena. I know I've got more but they're probably in boxes. I'll post them as I dig them out sometime.

Attachments

• 20240725_204955.jpg
    20240725_204955.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28

woods_walker

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! Cool that you have a few Fisch bottles especially one with a label. These bottles you may have seen before but I'm posting them again. Left to right, Beck's Beverage Company, Dehring's Soft Drink, Alpena Bottling Works and J. Beck Beer all from Alpena. I know I've got more but they're probably in boxes. I'll post them as I dig them out sometime.

Awesome thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more of your posts.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kay124