Probably the worst fake label I've ever seen!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
I was searching on PicClick and I came across these paper label bottles from the Kimball Pharmacy of Springfield, Massachusetts. These labels look way too pristine, and in some of the pictures you can see that the label doesn't even fit on one of the bottles! Either this is an obvious fake, or I'm just crazy. Let me know what you think!

Screenshot 2024-05-30 11.37.05 AM.png

1717084119764.png

1717084151622.png

timeandabottle

Reaction score
The bottles are nice and clean from what I see. Generally you see a bottle that is stained and obviously dug with a pritine label which is of course a dead give away as to it not being authentic. Those look pretty bad to me though! HaHa!! Nobody would slap an oversized label on their product because it is supposed to look professional. 99.9% sure that their fake. (hence the low price for 3) Beware!!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The labels might be real NOS labels but they absolutely didn't originally go to those bottles. It's a very common practice with drug store bottles, more common than faking the labels completely, although I see those from time to time as well. I'll only buy labeled pharmacy bottles which have clear signs of aging on the label for that reason.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Hunter,

Looks like someone just slapped them on alright. Might be interesting to see if that pharmacy ever existed. Stay well. --Len

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Hi Hunter,

Looks like someone just slapped them on alright. Might be interesting to see if that pharmacy ever existed. Stay well. --Len
I'll have to look into that. My guess is that it was real, as it seems to be in the same location as the Hotel Kimball.

Johnny M

Reaction score
The labels might be real NOS labels but they absolutely didn't originally go to those bottles. It's a very common practice with drug store bottles, more common than faking the labels completely, although I see those from time to time as well. I'll only buy labeled pharmacy bottles which have clear signs of aging on the label for that reason.
Agreed. Guy is obviously going for the big bucks as a drug bottle having opium on the label. Maybe he got duped buying them and doesn't have a fraudulent motive but not a coincidence in my opinion having opium as a boldly printed ingredient.

Reactions: Len

adelpit346

Reaction score
I dug about 10 of these from the town dump in 1970 and they turned purple in time. They are about 1912 and the labels are fake.
worth about $1 each. Thanks

Reactions: Len

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29