some divers did a river cleanup here and found bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
on thursday night i was downtown near a spot where i've gone swimming for bottles before and noticed a dumpster and a sign on it saying it was for a cleanup. apparently divers have done clean ups in the river there before but not for a few years .

eventually they arrived , maybe like 7 or divers and some helpers on the docks to take things to a large tarp they had set up on shore.

i'm not sure if they found as much as expected cause pretty sure they didn't find enough to fill the dumpster , but did find a couple bikes , 1 shopping cart , 5 or 6 skateboards , patio umbrella , 10 or so cell phones

maybe found 100 bottles , alot were modern beer / liquor bottles , rest same type of bottles i find here all the times , lots of pepsi swirls , coca cola , canada dry , 7 up , Browns Beverages , Kist , mountain dew , sprite

i looked thru some of them when they were sitting on tarp but not sure what became of them afterwords , they mentioned divers wanted to document what they found and i cannot yet find any pictures online of this clean up

some of the more notable bottles , was a US coca cola from 45 marked " Chicago ILL , an old ink well but no name on it , an older Tim Horton's coffee mug , cplus mixer ? foam label stubby type bottle ,

oldest bottle a cod liver oil bottle from toronto , northrup lyman , looked really early likely turn on century it as for sure there best find , but way older than rest of bottles they found which were all like 50's 60's era

oddly they didn't manage to find any bottles from the actual town where the river is located , i have found a milk there and some soda's from that town but they didn't manage to find any at all

RCO

Reaction score
i managed to find 1 picture but it must of been taken early in the dive and only shows some of the stuff they found , they found alot more than this

1721604185474.png

RCO

Reaction score
Billy Bass is the true score!

that is only some of the stuff they found , was also a really rusted bike and a shopping cart , and a large patio umbrella from a nearby restaurant

but heard cleanups in past years found more stuff , not as many stores downtown with shopping carts anymore which might explain why they only found 1 but in past years had found more

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29