Spring Water?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PASodas

Reaction score
Is this a Saratoga-type spring water? It’s dark olive green, applied lip, 8 1/2” x 4 1/2” x 2 3/4”. Any info and approximate value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3623.jpeg
    IMG_3623.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3625.jpeg
    IMG_3625.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 55

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
This looks to me like a British liquor bottle of some sort. The top looks very British, and the texture of the glass has the look of what was typical of British glasshouses around the turn of the 20th century. It's not a form that I've ever seen before though, I'm assuming it's some proprietary design if that's the case. If I'm correct, value will be pretty minimal unfortunately. Not too much of a collector market for that sort of thing.

PASodas

Reaction score
Thanks. Europian was my thought as well. I picked it up cheap at a flea market due to the applied lip. It will be available at the Shupp’s Grove show in July. Hope to see you there!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
This looks to me like a British liquor bottle of some sort. The top looks very British, and the texture of the glass has the look of what was typical of British glasshouses around the turn of the 20th century. It's not a form that I've ever seen before though, I'm assuming it's some proprietary design if that's the case. If I'm correct, value will be pretty minimal unfortunately. Not too much of a collector market for that sort of thing.
That type lip seems to be British and colonial typically. My money is on it being a scotch bottle but certainly a liquor of some sort.

jim G

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29