The Watson Collection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Johnny M

Reaction score
Looks like Glassworks Auctions and those of us involved in the hobby have struck pay dirt! The Watson collection will apparently be auctioned off over quite a while and bottles held for decades and beyond belief will certainly hit the block. I'm stoked!! Johnny M.

sandchip

Reaction score
Biggest thing since the sale of the Gardner collection 49 years ago. I can't wait to see what's trotted out over the next few...well, however long it takes!

Johnny M

Reaction score
Biggest thing since the sale of the Gardner collection 49 years ago. I can't wait to see what's trotted out over the next few...well, however long it takes!
Yeah buddy. It's a shame about his passing. A true legend in the hobby. I'm glad the family has decided to redistribute the collection into the active collector market. While honorable and permanently giving back, I'm glad it wasn't donated to a museum or squirreled away and only having select private sales and viewings.The cycle of life is circular and these bottles will breathe life and excitement into the hobby by their availability after having had a long and appreciated existence in the hands of a wonderful curator and highly respected representative of the hobby. I applaud their decision and believe that's what Dick would have wanted. I never met the man but his contribution to the hobby certainly was substantial and he will be missed for sure. Johnny M.

sandchip

Reaction score
Ditto all you said, plus Miss Elma, the star of his life. What a wonderful and devoted wife he had.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29