Thos McMullen & Co, White Label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Coled18

Just a baby
Reaction score
I purchased a beer/ale bottle for $4, Thos McMullen & Co White Label. Does anyone have any info on this proprietor? I can’t see much about it from a quick internet search, though it looks like they were from New York, around the late 1800s-early 1900s.

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36

Coled18

Just a baby
Reaction score
T
That's a great find! The company is listed on sodasandbeers.com but your acid-etched bottle isn't. Probably not very common! http://sodasandbeers.com/SABShowBottle.aspx?Bottle=62749AA&Firm_Number=62749
Thank you! I submitted details about my bottle to that guys email. Though his listed version was also etched, the lettering was different, mine was made in a turn mold and has a kick-up base.

I also had an unlisted Pabst variant which I sent info on too, hopefully they can be documented! It’s an important part of this hobby.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
T

Thank you! I submitted details about my bottle to that guys email. Though his listed version was also etched, the lettering was different, mine was made in a turn mold and has a kick-up base.

I also had an unlisted Pabst variant which I sent info on too, hopefully they can be documented! It’s an important part of this hobby.
Oh I missed that the listing says it's etched as well. That makes sense that there will be variation in those bottles, etching was a cheaper alternative to embossing which in this case was likely done on blank bottles which were purchased second hand, probably originally imported from the UK. They were probably etching whichever bottles they could get their hands on which were roughly the right size and shape.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29