Toxic dumps.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I always want folks to be careful of toxic waste.
I expose myself to plenty of nasty chemicals while digging.
I would like to share a few little stories.
My father was (he is still alive!) a 9/11 first responder, helping with the cleanup effort for about 5 years. Obviously, men like to poke their nose at danger, and that is especially true in rugged situations. The people at the World Trade Center site didn't follow OSHA regulations by wearing face masks. Most of them basically said, I'm no pussy.. look, we are at a mass-casualty disaster site working in an unstable smoking heap of jagged steel and concrete. Not exactly safe! so just let us do our job without the nanny-state buzzing in our ear!
Well, now he has all sorts of terrible health problems and a lot of dead friends...

I live near a lot of factories and dumps. These factories made lots of cool things and the dumps have lots of cool things too.
This being said, the factories also made terrible poisons, which... you guessed it, wound up in the dumps.

I'm talking dioxins, PCBs, VOCs, Dichlorobenzene, Mustard Gas, heavy metals etc...

I highly recommend looking up if there are any superfund sites near where you live. I know a good site which just happens to be where mustard gas and chemical dyes were produced. That's important stuff to know!

Here is a link to look for superfund sites.

If you live near factories, consider asking former workers if they dumped anything and where. Tell them, I'm not a narc, I'm just gonna be digging and I want to know if there's anything down there!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darcyanna88