Trash or treasure?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandycattzz

Reaction score
I was wondering if jars with manufaturer flaws were concidered rare?
THANKS!
db1.jpg

db3.jpg

db5.jpg

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
not really if it is just like this, but get one with letter backwards, now thats a good find.
but i would keep it, just because it has this flaw.

rick

Miles

Reaction score
As said, that will probably only bring up the value maybe one or two dollars, if someone thinks it has more charm. The real keepers are backwards text, misspelled words, and text that was only produced on a limited amount of bottles.

sandycattzz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
Doug~ it has a "hump" on the side probably caused by the maker lifting it before it was cooled completely.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
You see a lot of early jars with really bad molds. Sees like some makers used them until they litterally were falling apart. I have found several where you can see that they rivetted plates onto the mold so they could keep using it. Jar collectors dont seem to have a lot of interest in these types of defects.

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
That Jar is up for sale on ebay right now. I wouldn't consider this a great mistake. As Gunther said they used the molds till they were falling apart.

I just picked up a few Mason's with TRUE defects. One has the word Patetn on CFJ jar. Another I got has the 3 in 30th backwards. Those are what I consider a defect.

BA

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
I always like the ones with "things" in the glass. I have an eary Ball jar with a good sized chunk of wire completely encased in the side of it. Kinda makes you wonder what kind of people they had working for them sometimes.
Joe

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
thats a keeper!...
I have a Dr.Wilsons Magnetic Ointment open Base "VERY RARE TYPE" and no not the soomth base one,And due to the "S" in Wilsons" being cut of hafway at the base they added a backwars "S" above the "N"
Ill post a pic

Yw68989.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68989.jpg
    Yw68989.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member