Trash or treasure?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Miles

Reaction score
Wow! Really cool bottle, I've heard of letters missing, but them trying to fit them in with a smaller one?

That reminds me of when I write and try to squeeze in one more letter. That's a great bottle there.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
forgot - - I will be putting this bottle along with its younger small brother up for auction on Ebay very soon ,but ill post the rest of the bottle on another post..
But any error/misspelled/backwards embossed or whateber the error are very diserable in certin collector circle's,just like error coins...
But a Mason Jar error would add at least 20% to 30% more to its value,...
Another type of Error "if you want to call it that" is when a mold is caked with dried glass,and "for example" i have a Kilmer's Swamp Bott - and the embossing is very very light/hard to read due to the caked glass in the mold.....,

Also 1 more thing to add,like another said onthis thread,a backwards S mold would have been made fast and crude to either end a line of products or to continue making untill a professional mold can be made without the "makerof the stuffinside the bottle" losing money while having no mold.Just like old vinyl Records,When they are made they have 2 master plate's for each side which lasts for about 10,000 copies,same goes with bottles or other types of mold like old sinker "fishing" mold,and even metal molds for steel...
thought id throw in my 2 cents...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC