Whitall Tatum & Co. monogram identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I've dug a few of these Whitall Tatum & Co. bottles with this monogram that I cannot identify. It seems to be the letters S, F & W, although I wouldn't bet on it. Does anybody recognize it?
IMG_3872.jpeg

These were dug in Westchester County, New York. I believe that they are Seal Oval Druggist Bottles from the 1890s. The base bears the Jan. 24, 88 patent date.
I've dug a variety of things in this location, but I think it probably contained a variety of medicine or cosmetic preparation such as perfumes or dentifrices. It is likely from a prominent druggist or store in New York City or the New York Metropolitan Area.
IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I've dug a few of these Whitall Tatum & Co. bottles with this monogram that I cannot identify. It seems to be the letters S, F & W, although I wouldn't bet on it. Does anybody recognize it?
View attachment 255411
These were dug in Westchester County, New York. I believe that they are Seal Oval Druggist Bottles from the 1890s. The base bears the Jan. 24, 88 patent date.
I've dug a variety of things in this location, but I think it probably contained a variety of medicine or cosmetic preparation such as perfumes or dentifrices. It is likely from a prominent druggist or store in New York City or the New York Metropolitan Area.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!
The world may never know! Without any other supporting data embossed on the bottle it could be literally anything. Good luck and Happy hunting, but don't get your hopes up.

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I'm 98% sure it is not a Smith and Wesson monogram. I mean, it's a druggist bottle! And it is not quite the same monogram.
But I think another collector just might have seen another bottle with the monogram in addition to other identifying information, or perhaps just a hunch.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've seen one of those before...at the time I felt it most likely that it was for F.W. Schoonmaker, who was a pharmacist in New Yorks City but also had quite the number of his own medicines and so forth that he sold. I looked for a letterhead or something that might corroborate this, and was never able to rustle anything up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29