Whitall-Tatum Lydia Pinkham Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

indianainsulators

Cole King
Reaction score
Makes a great "go-with" for your Whitall-Tatum insulators!
I just started paying attention to bottles, so I took a gamble on this one. It reads:
14 1/2 OZ
LYDIA E. PINKHAM'S
MEDICINE
And is embossed with the inverted triangle logo that WT used from 1935-38.
As I said, I am new to bottles. But this would make a neat go-with. Let's try $22 shipped, or trade for other insulator go-withs.

1717094932172.png
1717094952141.png

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Hi Cole, The one problem you will find is that the bottle above is very common and found throughout the country. Most people probably don't want to deal with the time and effort associated with obtaining that particular bottle (or the thousands of other very common bottles like it) as it probably wouldn't earn a spot on the shelf to them. I used to have one myself that I dug in Preston, Idaho but it has long since lost its spot. Like a Hemingray #9 or 40, their everywhere! Your best bet is most likely to post in your local classifieds. It is a good looking bottle, just not highly desireable to the more advanced collectors that are typically on this site as members. I hope you are able to get rid of it and maybe score some more of the Cincy Hemingray bottles like the Rheinstrom Bros. Every bottle of theirs I see is unique and cool!
Best wishes and keep collecting bottles and insulators!
Scott

indianainsulators

Cole King
Reaction score
Hi Cole, The one problem you will find is that the bottle above is very common and found throughout the country. Most people probably don't want to deal with the time and effort associated with obtaining that particular bottle (or the thousands of other very common bottles like it) as it probably wouldn't earn a spot on the shelf to them. I used to have one myself that I dug in Preston, Idaho but it has long since lost its spot. Like a Hemingray #9 or 40, their everywhere! Your best bet is most likely to post in your local classifieds. It is a good looking bottle, just not highly desireable to the more advanced collectors that are typically on this site as members. I hope you are able to get rid of it and maybe score some more of the Cincy Hemingray bottles like the Rheinstrom Bros. Every bottle of theirs I see is unique and cool!
Best wishes and keep collecting bottles and insulators!
Scott
I looked at some online, it seems like the Whitall Tatum variant is much harder to come by. Not saying you are wrong, I have certainly noticed that bottle collectors tend to care about different things than insulator collectors
I bought it with the intention of sitting it out at one of the upcoming insulator shows this summer. Just figured it can't hurt to post here as well!

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I looked at some online, it seems like the Whitall Tatum variant is much harder to come by. Not saying you are wrong, I have certainly noticed that bottle collectors tend to care about different things than insulator collectors
I bought it with the intention of sitting it out at one of the upcoming insulator shows this summer. Just figured it can't hurt to post here as well!
Fabulous idea as it eliminates the shipping! I have a giant insulator that will be on my table at the SLC bottle show in a week,

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Already boxed up but you can see it in this photo. (Far left)

Attachments

• IMG_7977.jpeg
    IMG_7977.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 42

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29