acl Milk bottles from Georgetown Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I came across a local history site from Georgetown Ontario when I was looking for info on a soda bottle from there . wasn't looking for info on there local dairies but came across some pictures of several different acl milk jugs from that area which I though were interesting , would assume there is also a couple embossed jugs from the area

the ones pictured are for - Georgetown Dairy , Maple Leaf dairy and Tyers Milk Products

listings in dairy book for them give the following dates
- Georgetown dairy - 1927-1948
- Maple Lead Dairy - 1929-1950's
- Tyers Milk Products - 1939-1945

don't really know much more about them , not sure I've really come across any milk jugs from that area before , 2 of them appear to have phone numbers on the jug .

on another site I also came across a picture of an embossed Georgetown dairy jug which was run by someone named William Gillman from a local farm

georgetowndairy.png
georgetown-mapleleafdairy.png
georgetown-tyersdairy.png
georgetown-tyersdairy1.png
georgetowndairyE.jpg

Madelaineolivia

Reaction score
Hi there! As it happens, I am searching for a Tyres Creamery bottle to gift to my future Mother in Law -- it was her grandfathers dairy farm and she does not have anything at all from it. From your post it seems that you just have these pictures, not the actual bottles, correct? Regardless, where are these photos from? I would love to be able to track it down and make an offer. I have yet to actually find one.

Thank you so much,
Madelaine

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29