Ball Special Mason Jar #13 anybody?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
1724629234121.jpeg

Reaction score
What I understand is the “Special” Mason jar was a short run production from 32-37..
the jars glass and shape is much larger than a modern wide mouth but still holds same amount of liquid. The glass makes it appear larger imo.

Reaction score
Want to learn as much as I can about mason jars in general.

Did Ball manufacture out of one single facility?
Surely not… the codes are not logistical or I missed a spreadsheet along the way lol

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. I'm really surprised that most Ball jars I see don't have date codes or factory codes or anything besides a mould number. Sometimes the charts don't make sense. It seems like Ball jars are all over the place.

Reaction score
I agree. It’s seems to get more complicated over time to be precise. I have recently inherited an older canning lot assorted with paraffin wax and clear quart bags and boxes for freezing food along with 2 boxes of meticulously packed mason jars.
Some Ball, Kerr, Hazel-Atlas and to my surprise a Drey Perfect Mason which was another surprise. There are 4 ball “special” jars. Both new to me and never seen before.
IMG_2702.jpeg
IMG_2703.jpeg
IMG_2701.jpeg

I know the bottle was made by the Schram Glass company which was later absorbed by the Ball Brother Mfg Co.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51