German Apollinaris

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Digs_in_MD

Reaction score
I know my lack of camera makes this undesirable, but can anyone help me IDing a 12 inch crock/stoneware marked Appolinaris-Brunnen in a circle design, below which appears Georg Kreuzberg, Ahrweiller,Rheinpreussen. On the back is a hand inscribed number and symbol. Any help is appreciated. My requests to date have been unanswered, but hopefully this description will be familiar to someone. This item was in a 4 foot trash pit filled with random beer, medicine and toiletry items, among other non-bottle goodies.

Please help, I'm losing faith

Thanks,
K

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello Katie, welcome to the forum. Don't lose faith, there are some great folks on here that are always willing to help. You stated you need help IDing the crock but you are aware it's European/German by your subject title. If you are looking for values it's a little tough for folks to say it's worth $10 or $100 without seeing a pic.

You stated in another of your posts that you now have a camera, please post pics as folks are more receptive to give information on a value when they have a visual.

Reading your other posts it sounds like you have a great place to dig. Don't get hung up on worth of the items you are digging just enjoy it. That's what it's all about. Well, okay, sooner or later it will come down to some values but while you have the spot to dig, DIG!! [:)]

You stated in another of your posts that you live close to where the Baltimore show is being held. Rhona and others will be setup there, if you take your items to show them I'm sure they can give you great advice and values if you are interested.

Good luck with your digging and keep reading and posting. We are all here to help and learn from one another. I learn something new everytime I read these posts and of course...........................we love pics! Take care Paul

LC

Reaction score
Hello, from how you describe it, if it is around four inches or so in diameter, twelve inches tall with a handle, I would think what you have is either a mineral or beer or ale bottle. I am sure someone will probaby come up with a more acurate answer. Its hard to say without seeing a picture of what you have.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Getting a date on those clay mineral waters is tough. Export of the brand doesn't seam to have started until the 1870's. I would expect it to be a bit later before it would be economical to ship it overseas. I'd have to say it's more likely to be after TOC. By then they were bottleing millions of them.

Digs_in_MD

Reaction score
Thank you all so much! That is indeed the bottle - I really appreciate all the input!

Kate

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51