Green Pepsi Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi BB!
Do you remember driving the coast before I-95 was completed? No speed records getting to FL in those days... Sometimes we fly now too but even that is getting more dangerous/crazy. You're right in both modes. Timing is still everything. ..Funny, a female in our extended family loves those Hallmark productions too. They're a slightly better version of the old soap operas. When visiting I usually excuse myself and catch a few Zs. So, is Greek coffee stronger than Turkish coffee? I'm not in your league, (Maxwell House/ whatever.) ..Hey, I actually met Telly and his curly haired brother once. They were at a NY Giants NFL game being played at Yale Bowl in New Haven, Ct in the Fall of 1974. I miss his old tv show. You sound like you have Greek heritage.? Ok, Ciao baby!:cool:

bottlebugs

Reaction score
That was before my time...I started driving in the 80s when the I-95 was already a nightmare.
After flying for many years I decided to drive again, but this time though Memphis to visit
Graceland, then to the LA/Mississippi turn off. I eventually ended up in Pensacola Beach.
That was in 2008. I kept running into Obama all the way to Florida. It was his campaign trail.

Greek coffee is actually a better tasting version of Turkish coffee. I'm having one right now.
I take mine double strength but cut it with milk. Its traditionally taken straight with a glass
of ice water but I am a modern version of Greek-ness. Our Greek lineage has been in Canada
since 1871. My ancestors left Greece in the 1820s when there was war between the Turks
and the Greeks in Crete. Thats when we started calling our coffee Greek. Over the next 50
years we joined up with Gypsies heading west to France. We crossed the southern Alps and
the customs officer in Corcelles fell in love with my Great-great Grandmother. I'm told by
pure Greeks I know, that I am very Greek looking. There are dark Greeks like Telly Savalas,
and light Greeks like Alexander the Great.

I used to watch Kojak with my Mom. She loved Telly! Did you know that he had as much hair
as his brother, but started to shave it to get roles like the King of Siam? My Grandfather met
the King of Siam when he was stationed in Asia in the 1920s. So he claimed anyway. He did
know many missionaries in Thailand so it's possible.

...and now the Greek coffee is kicking in lol!

Ciao baby! ;)

bottlebugs

Reaction score
LOL Genetics are a hoot. I have three brothers and four first cousins that all lived in the same double
bungalow in Ottawa as teenagers. We share the same grandparents and so on. We also have similiar
family backgrounds outside of that branch. My side differs in that we also have Aragonese and French
Canadian ancestry. I am equally Alsacian-Greek, Scots-Irish, and Aragonese-French.
They are equally Alsacian-Greek, Scots-Irish, and Anglo-Irish. My cousins have two very tall dark boys
and one tall fair boy and one short fair boy. My family has two tall fair boys, one short dark boy and one
short fair boy. At halloween one year we all wore costumes and coloured our hair. We all looked like
brothers!

My wife's family is Italian and Irish. Italian girls love Greek men. Greek men love Italian girls. Our DNA
kicked in when we were teenagers. She was just a little young for me back then (4 years) but now that
we are in our 60s that doesn't matter a bit.

If her uncle hadn't married my aunt, we would have never met. No we are not related. :)

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Boy I got side tracked but not really. I was trying to explain the significance of the Pepsi cap
I received yesterday to my wife. As excited as I was she couldn't envision it. Then I hit upon
an idea. Family traits. (Pepsi DNA)

Our children's generation enjoys the great grand child of the Pepsi wave.

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

My generation enjoyed the grand child of the Pepsi wave.

Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-3.jpeg

My parents enjoyed the child of the Pepsi wave

Unknown-3.jpeg
1723199711623.png

My grand parents enjoyed the birth of the Pepsi wave.

1723199805734.png
Unknown-5.jpeg

She got it right away!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51