Green Pepsi Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I'm an ole 3rd shifter. You are absolutely right about what might go on then. ..Still a late night/early am guy but not on the clock. Just a nighthawk. ;)

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I'm a retired long hauler (36 hours straight once) but my wife is still an owl.
Often hear her hooting from the living room in the middle of the night!

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
BB,
Late night tv can be real funny. If one watches alone then letting out a hearty laugh once in awhile is a given. (Just don't scare the pets too often).. 36 hours! Holy cow! Congrats. (I liked ld driving too. Nowhere near your record and I wasn't in a truck either. --Hang in there.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
worse...she's deaf and turns it up louder and louder! I usually just wake up and have breakfast at two in the morning. Yup 36 hours with half of it in a sudden snow squall off of Georgian Bay. Couldn't even pull over to the side of the road. I followed a snowplow at 20kms/hr all the way to Toronto and then on to Ottawa. Clients needed fire alarm parts to open their building so I had no choice but to keep on driving. My eyes were red rimmed and blurry. I was laughing at everything. Good ol days lol!

Last edited:

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
BB,
I used to make the Athens, GA to CT run. Not bad at all. Especially scenic in northern GA. Almost all interstates too. Wasn't on anybody's clock but the one in what I was driving. Drove at all times of the year. Was lucky. No real trouble. It was great! Saw a nice slice of America and made some friends ..I usually go to bed about 4am and get up by 8. --Drink coffee 2 or 3X/day. It relaxes me.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Wow! 4-8! you really are a night owl. I do the opposite now. Up at 5am and in bed by 9 pm. Mind you I only have one big Greek coffee in the morning as an eye opener. I've driven all around Dixie in my day. Loved to drive from Ottawa to Florida straight. My ex wife offered to drive the second shift once and I woke up in a gas station parking lot in South Carolina. Her snoring woke me up. Good thing too, because she had managed to find the black section. As I woke up I saw a crowd of curious locals getting ready to shake us down. Didn't need a coffee to get going that time. The Smokey Mountains were the coolest trip. I picked up a Kingsport Tennessee straight slug plate Pepsi. Turned out to be one of the rarest Pepsis around.

Last edited:

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
BB,
OMG. Ottawa-FL straight through! That's got to be a record. Congrats. ..Yes, the back up driver experience can be "interesting." ..One last question that you don't have to answer. --Was it the snoring or the parking lot experience? ;) (Anyway, I got lucky. Just celebrated our 37th.)
..I have only one ss Coke,--from OH. As they used to say on SNL "No Pepsi. Coke." :) ..Hang in there.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
24 hours or less to St. Augustine..

To make her an ex? Combination of 20 years of nonsense.

I'm on my second marriage now and 15 years in its been a blast.
She and I grew up together in Ottawa. Met her about 18 years
ago ...very good coincidences brought us together.

My collection includes one Jacob's bottle from Atlanta and a tiny coke souvenir bottle. At one time I had cases full of coke straights.

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi BB,
With some prior rest, going into a drive like that seems very doable. Getting around DC might be a pain even at night. Timing, I suppose would be important. Driving FL can be equally tough. Anyway, glad to see you're intact., even more so to hear #2 has worked out well. ..Sounds like you've been collecting bots a long time. Me, so so, on and off... Ok, got to get bed so that I can get up in 3 hours. Catch you do the road.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Hi CTLEN,
Actually it was Raleigh that was the worst. I found a cut off through horse county but even that became clogged the next year. Timing is everything now I just fly. Yes she's a doll compared to the
first. I laughed. Yesterday was first time she complained about the clink, clink clink of bottles.
I'll remind her of that when the Hallmark marathons greet me at bedtime. Well you can do the math
but I've been collecting bottles for over 50 years. Because of my Dixie wanderings I had a ton of US bottles in my collection. Me and my Greek coffee are up now. Time to water the plants and feed the birds. Ciao baby as Kojak used to say!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51