Inherited a Few Bottles - Wolfe Drug Store San Rafael & Larkspur California

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rocklifter

Reaction score
I was able to find out some information on the internet about the makers mark W T Co. It says it was made by Whitall Tatum Company, Millville, New Jersey. It also says they used that mark from approximately 1901 to 1924. So no matter how old your bottle is it's at least 100 years old!
https://glassbottlemarks.com/whitall-tatum-glass-company/
Here's the link if you want to read more about the company. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for this information! It's certainly helpful. It's amazing to think that this bottle, apparently sold and used in California was made in NJ. The website you linked will certainly be helpful in understanding mroe about this bottle, as well as others I will now work on researching. Thank you for your kind help.

Johnny M

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, thank you Johnny! That was a fascinating read, and I am glad to know more about the man responsible for this little bottle. Knowing a bit of history around it makes it that much more precious to me. So interesting. I appreciate your help!
My pleasure. Glad I found a link so we all could learn more about the bottles origin and history! Johnny M.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this information! It's certainly helpful. It's amazing to think that this bottle, apparently sold and used in California was made in NJ. The website you linked will certainly be helpful in understanding more about this bottle, as well as others I will now work on researching. Thank you for your kind help.
Your very welcome! I'm always glad to help! It's such a neat little bottle.

Diggum

Reaction score
I have a few bottles from a friend who passed - this is one of them. I searched this site for the name, but found nothing. Can anyone give me any information about this bottle? Age, value, interest? Many thanks. View attachment 256036
I grew up in San Rafael. Not familiar with the drug stores (before my time), but the Wolfe name is most likely connected with Wolfe Grade, a steep road that connects San Rafael and Larkspur.

historic-antiques

Reaction score
I have a few bottles from a friend who passed - this is one of them. I searched this site for the name, but found nothing. Can anyone give me any information about this bottle? Age, value, interest? Many thanks. View attachment 256036
Hi rocklifter - Seems like it has a BIMAL = Blown In Mold Applied Lip, which means it's probably around 1900. The automatic bottle machine was invented in 1903. Bottles made from such machines had mold marks that went up through the lips because they were made in one step, within a mold - lip and body. Your bottle seems like the mold mark does not go through its lip. It was first hand blown in a mold, but its lip was hand-applied separately - a two-step process.

rocklifter

Reaction score
Hi rocklifter - Seems like it has a BIMAL = Blown In Mold Applied Lip, which means it's probably around 1900. The automatic bottle machine was invented in 1903. Bottles made from such machines had mold marks that went up through the lips because they were made in one step, within a mold - lip and body. Your bottle seems like the mold mark does not go through its lip. It was first hand blown in a mold, but its lip was hand-applied separately - a two-step process.
That's cool information! I appreciate your response and adding to my knowledge. Many thanks!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29