INK BOTTLE ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bjensen422

Reaction score
Hello, I dig Logging Camps in the Olympic mountains (Washington state) 1899 - 1939. I dug this bottle about 5 yrs ago. Was told by an old-timer here that it was
an Ink bottle. The camp this bottle came out of was in operation around 1901. I have never been able to confirm that it is, in fact, an Ink bottle. Never found any pictures that look simular. About 5" long. 2" wide. 1 1/2 " tall. It sits horizonally with a flat bottom. (last photo) has some bubbles. Can anyone help me identify it.?

Attachments

• 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2..jpg
    2..jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 3..jpg
    3..jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 4..jpg
    4..jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 47

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! I'm pretty certain it's an ink but I can't remember seeing one exactly like it before. Definitely not a very common shape. I'm not sure what keywords to use to search for other examples either. The neck is similar to a turtle ink but it's definitely not turtle-shaped.

The same basic style of bottle was still being used for ink fairly recently though, so I'm pretty sure that's what it is:
1719104592262.png

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find! I'm pretty certain it's an ink but I can't remember seeing one exactly like it before. Definitely not a very common shape. I'm not sure what keywords to use to search for other examples either. The neck is similar to a turtle ink but it's definitely not turtle-shaped.

The same basic style of bottle was still being used for ink fairly recently though, so I'm pretty sure that's what it is:
View attachment 255802

good answer, reminded me some of the igloo style, meaning no ribbed neck, not in a hex shape etc, nice one. unique to me.

bjensen422

Reaction score
Makes sense that it probably is an Ink. Just didn't expect to not find any simular examples. Thanks for the Replies.!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29