Looking For Information on BIG HIT Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I was amazed many years ago when I thought I had stumbled upon an early KIK bottle.
It was the same shape as the one pictured on the earliest Kik bottle sign that I had seen to
date. It was an early 1930s "BIG HIT" bottle from the USA.

s-l500-1.jpg

Close but no cigar as I was to find out a few years later. America Dry of Canada
used the same bottle design.

dscf2827.jpg

So did a company called Golden Orange!

photo_32.jpg

Earlier BIG HIT bottles featured a baseball player not unlike my "HIT" fountain glass.

Unknown.jpeg
IMG_4204.JPG

Was this a coincidence or was there more to the story? Hope someone can help!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it's very interesting that they all used the same bottle design.
This is what almost all the smaller companies in Canada did in those days, continuing up until the 70s or so. Even ACL labels were sometimes shared between unrelated companies. It's surprising to me that in the US the small bottlers would all pay for their own unique mold designs, seems like it would have been an expensive way to do it. I guess our glass companies must have charged more for unique designs than the ones in the US.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
This is what almost all the smaller companies in Canada did in those days, continuing up until the 70s or so. Even ACL labels were sometimes shared between unrelated companies. It's surprising to me that in the US the small bottlers would all pay for their own unique mold designs, seems like it would have been an expensive way to do it. I guess our glass companies must have charged more for unique designs than the ones in the US.
That's interesting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29