Looking for some information on a "pink" bottle... before 1900?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that this is a modern decorative bottle. The seam actually does go to the top of the lip, I can see that quite clearly in the second and third photos. It looks like one of the bottles made on those weird non-Owens machines which cause the lip seam to be offset from the main body seam. The shape is oddly close to a utilitarian poison bottle, but that thick base doesn't make much sense for that. The colour does look like SCA but I think that's a coincidence, because it's also a colour that just looks nice in a window.

Coled18

Just a baby
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that this is a modern decorative bottle. The seam actually does go to the top of the lip, I can see that quite clearly in the second and third photos. It looks like one of the bottles made on those weird non-Owens machines which cause the lip seam to be offset from the main body seam. The shape is oddly close to a utilitarian poison bottle, but that thick base doesn't make much sense for that. The colour does look like SCA but I think that's a coincidence, because it's also a colour that just looks nice in a window.
I agree, looks more like a more modern piece with artistic facets from various eras. It could be art deco era but the dimpling on the glass is a more modern “trend” in art glass (to mimic 1800s dimpling).

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Although it's nice looking with those thousands of bubbles and what knot, I have to agree with many of the comments. My first thought was modern, second thought was poison, third thought was its an intentional color-not sca, fourth thought was literally no wear on the base. Final thought-Neat but modern. I'm not an expert though!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anitatee