Looking to date this bottle and possible value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Anitatee

Reaction score
PORT CHESTER BOTTLING WORKS BLOB SODA BOTTLE A Port Chester Bottling Works blob top soda bottle from Port Chester, NY. It's probably late 1800's. On the bottle Port Chester is spelled Portchester, with no space. It was often spelled that way in it's early history. The front of the bottle reads, Registered across the top and Portchester Bottling Works in a horse shoe, with H. Dehmer and HD Prop. No. 327 Main Street. The smooth bottom has an embossed 5. The back is embossed This Bottle Not To Be Sold. The bottle measures 9 1/4" high x 2 5/8" diameter. I attached 2 pictures. The bottle is dirty inside, I have to clean it.

Attachments

• Bottle 1.jpg
    Bottle 1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Bottle 2.jpg
    Bottle 2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 26

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about it in particular but it's a great-looking bottle, really crisp embossing and it's pictorial, plus with a monogram and an address. Not too often you see all three together! Sounds like you already know its rough age, tough to narrow this sort of thing down beyond that since bottles rarely had date codes in those days. You could probably find some rough operating dates for the business by digging into the town archives and looking at fire insurance maps and business records, since you know a lot of info about the company already just from the embossing.

Anitatee

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about it in particular but it's a great-looking bottle, really crisp embossing and it's pictorial, plus with a monogram and an address. Not too often you see all three together! Sounds like you already know its rough age, tough to narrow this sort of thing down beyond that since bottles rarely had date codes in those days. You could probably find some rough operating dates for the business by digging into the town archives and looking at fire insurance maps and business records, since you know a lot of info about the company already just from the embossing.
Thank you very much for your suggestions about researching the company and where to look. I appreciate it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmoser