New to me NDNR bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Vetus Vitrum

Reaction score
Here is most of what I have found, the mantle are my favorites, though not all of them. The cluster under the lamp is what I have currently listed and then the three shelves are what I am cleaning and going through. The things I most frequently find are the milk glass inserts and baby food jars.

Attachments

• IMG_7966.JPG
    IMG_7966.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7967.JPG
    IMG_7967.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7968.JPG
    IMG_7968.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Here is most of what I have found, the mantle are my favorites, though not all of them. The cluster under the lamp is what I have currently listed and then the three shelves are what I am cleaning and going through. The things I most frequently find are the milk glass inserts and baby food jars.
Yep, you'll learn to really hate baby food jars.....lol.....Most of the dumps I find are 30's through the early 70's which for me is the time period for the bottles I collect anyway. I still have several early embossed bottles, but oddly still favor later paper label beer bottles, well bottles from the time period I collect I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Vetus Vitrum

Reaction score
It is not much compared to your collection but in addition to the previous NDNR photo, here is what I have found in that category. From left to right, 1947 and 1952 Duraglas, 2 x 1953 G in a square, Glenshaw Glass, 1950 Anchor Hocking, and a 1976 I in an O Owens-Illinois Stubby. I simply call all of these except the Stubby, One-Way bottles, if there is more precise term, I am interesting in learning. It might be worth noting the 1952 Duraglas bottle is not stippled from the shoulder up.

Attachments

• IMG_7969.JPG
    IMG_7969.JPG
    874.1 KB · Views: 16

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
It is not much compared to your collection but in addition to the previous NDNR photo, here is what I have found in that category. From left to right, 1947 and 1952 Duraglas, 2 x 1953 G in a square, Glenshaw Glass, 1950 Anchor Hocking, and a 1976 I in an O Owens-Illinois Stubby. I simply call all of these except the Stubby, One-Way bottles, if there is more precise term, I am interesting in learning. It might be worth noting the 1952 Duraglas bottle is not stippled from the shoulder up.
Very cool, the first five on the left are "Packie" bottles, the other is a "Handy" and also called "Glass Gan", Stubbies were the first to be considered NDNR bottles, although they, as far as I know, never had that embossed on them (same with Stienie bottles). Here's picture of a Stubby. This one would be an 11 ounce bottle due to the ring around the neck, most western states used 11 oz bottles.
seKGvhYSg6eFhA4L.wRG5w.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandyVF