Quick question about the forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
No, I can't remember for sure if I had donated. If I did it was when I first started and I certainly didn't take it back. I thought it was how active you are on the forum [8D]

Plumbata

Reaction score
I'm quite aware Mr. Chuck, but figured that the donation of a little advice and real experience relevant to the query might be helpful to our more recent arrivals. Getting admonished by Rodger personally was not a pleasant experience. He is a brilliant man and both before and after that incident I've held him in the highest regard, so me foolishly letting him down, and, according to superficial appearance, trampling upon the system he built from scratch was furthest from my intentions. He was kind to let me remain, and I appreciate that.

The programming could be improved, quite certainly, but just the same the Moon could be mined for valuable Platinum-group resources. Is it worth the effort? Nope, not yet anyway. [:)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I ain't talking to you specifically, Plumstead, I mean any member who tries it.. the supporter badge must be paid for, no matter how easy it is to put it there yourself.. any a'yall get caught wearing it under false pretenses, and we'll do ..oohh, nasty things to your membership here....

LOL Plumbstead --
I knew a guy we used to call Plumbstead. Just a funny name

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Plumb, you humor me. I bet to a lot of people you may come across as abrasive and at first you did to me as well BUT I have to admit, I like ya! You seem very intelligent and your dry humor and matter of fact way cracks me up! I don't think that's your intention, and I hope it doesn't offend you. [:)]

glass man

Reaction score
I gave very little to get mine..I don't feel I really deserve it... yes PLUM MAN IS COOL! Just needs to dumb it down a bit so idiots like me can know what he is talking about..naw he couldn/t dumb it down enough for me to understand,,, He is a groovy far out cool dude though!![:)]Jamie

Plumbata

Reaction score
Well thanks a bunch Wendy, I like you too! It is a certainty that I come across as abrasive to plenty here, but that's because I can't control myself when there are controversial or touchy topics to discuss! Among other things, the forum allows me to push buttons or lay little traps so I can get inside the heads of the people here. Pet Peeves post is an excellent recent example. It is very educational to plumb the depths of the vast array of personalities here; to see what works and what doesn't, what flies and what doesn't. Might not be very nice or fair to my unwitting guinea pigs, but it's for a good cause. [8D] The understandings gleaned are then applied to my real-world social interactions, where I have always been extremely polite and charming. The dry, "English" sense of humor is quite correct. Downton Abbey has a character; the old Lady Dowager, who I find to be extremely hilarious and a perfect example of that kind of humor. And certainly no offense taken, not even close, here or at any time before. If ya want to figure out how to offend me talk to Osiaboyce; he's a damn DaVinci as far as that's concerned. [:D]

Regarding intelligence, having an IQ over 150 means that I can be unintentionally condescending or overbearing if i get carried away in my posts, which is quite rightfully off-putting and abrasive to most folks. I used to be far less considerate about it than I am now. No one chooses what strengths they are given, same as our weaknesses, so disparaging others on the basis of something outside human control is eminently unfair. I've been called a genius so many times it pisses me off when I hear it now, partly because it places me into a category rich with stereotypes, and because it really can be a heavy burden to be incapable of shutting down one's thoughts and anxieties without getting blackout drunk. Getting so drunk that I get stupid is very pleasant. No complicated thoughts, no big plans to stress me out, just the fuzzy blissful ignorance of inebriated stupidity. Drank 14 5.9% alcohol beers last night and weigh 160, and though the usual is 8 - 12 beers it is all way way too much for my liver to handle much longer. I doubt that side of things crosses the minds of those offering the compliments. I would be so much happier and more productive and successful (healthier too) if I wasn't an alcoholic smoker with feeble willpower. It will be the struggle of my life to kick the booze, but hopefully it can be accomplished this year.

Jamie, I know you're joking you big teddy bear, no need to belittle yourself my good man. [:)] I've been keeping you and Nina in my thoughts, and also been thinking about your beliefs. The both of ya are so kind and cheerful that I doubt there is a mean bone in either of you, and though I am generally agnostic, the faith and love and peace and hope that you exude, despite your hardships, has made me start to reevaluate my position regarding a higher power. As an individual alone against the world I am rather powerless against my weaknesses and the nasty things out there, but if I had faith in my own conception of a loving creator, and had the comfort of his eternal presence, it would give me great strength. Being raised Catholic turned me off to the whole thing for a while, but there is no reason I can't forge my own unique and personal relationship with my creator. The whole "faith in what can't be proven" thing was something I could never accept, from an intellectual standpoint, but I think I am ready to try now, in my own unique way. Even now, just entertaining the thought that there is a being of infinite love watching over me, whether or not it is objectively true, provides a sense of peace and joy so potent that I don't really care whether or not the reality of it can't be proven. I want that in my life. Need it, even. Believe it or not I had you and the good example you make in mind when I went and talked to a couple Christian fellows earlier today. Had a great talk and will probably attend their study group to see what it's all about. Without intending to, you may have made a believer out of Jamie. [:)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Looks like a slam dunk Plum Pit.. nobody wants to think hard enough to answer even part of your composition. That, my friend, is a win, congrats. [:)]

Take it easy with the brewskies, get yourself used to a 6 pack a night. And eat well and drink lots of H2O ..I prefer seltzer.. a broad spectrum vitamin supplement every morning and you should be fine until 50 or so..

rockbot

Reaction score
Iʻve been free of alcohol for six years. The first two were brutal. Life is much better, more productive and sleep is more rewarding.

all the best my friend.

Drank 14 5.9% alcohol beers last night and weigh 160, and though the usual is 8 - 12 beers it is all way way too much for my liver to handle much longer. I doubt that side of things crosses the minds of those offering the compliments. I would be so much happier and more productive and successful (healthier too) if I wasn't an alcoholic smoker with feeble willpower. It will be the struggle of my life to kick the booze, but hopefully it can be accomplished this year.

[/quote]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC