So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Re: RE: So where are the detector reports??

Back on track with the rains soaking the soil, lots to be found. 2 more silver rings, 1 Avon ring, 2 bullets, 2 tokens, couple more wheats (1919-D and 1951-D), a 1938 nickel, about $8.00 in clad--including a Geo Washington presidential dollar, more copper pieces, a brass pc from a horse bridle or something. An old combination lock, an old gas brass valve assembly and a few other odds and ends.On a good note, the g/f hasn't found any water holes to get near....But now complains she needs a detector with the pinpoint feature...being I plan on moving to Kentucky in spring...a delaying tactic (such as winter) may stave that off. Hope others are still getting out and finding stuff.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Ok so the weather turned cold. However, the local town had some pipe being installed so I hit the area (with the construction foremans approval). 1 old brass lipstick case, 1 Sterling ring, 1- copper ring, 5 pennies 1 dime (nothing old) some old scrap copper and brass bolts/fasteners...and an old shoe (well part of a shoe, could be pretty old not much left).Have some other places in mind, but today the crew wasnt working for some reason so until they grind up some new soil Ill wait for them. 21 degrees at current outdoors, hoping for a bit of a warm up. Going to be depressing if this lasts clear til March. Anyone else getting out or finding anything interesting?Tomorrow theres a coin show in the Flint area I may swing into and check out.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Update on last finds. After soaking the "lipstick case" its found to be a Schrade brass tire valve cover circa 1907 according to the writing on the base. Looks like another item for the local historical museum.

ironmountain

Reaction score

Man..you find scrap, money, bottles and now artifacts for museums.....I need to drive down and trail you around for a week or 5... Weather down there as cruddy as it is here?Was almost 50 one day and next day snow...Next day crusty frozen snow. since then it's just been bitter winds and random snow. Might be a good time to get myself to the creek and dig it up now that it's probably pretty solid, but not quite frozen.Anyone else getting out to hunt?

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well we have a MINOR snowfall currently (the weather dolts call this a storm) good grief. No detecting or digging as of late. Frustrating as the last few years Ive be able to detect thru winter. Doesnt look like that this year!. Been looking at new equipment and doing research. Have some spots should we get a warm up. Good luck and happy holidays to all.

ironmountain

Reaction score

I haven't done much either. Was going to go back to wife's friends to pull cans and misc stuff, but they were out of town until the snow came... Still pretty nice out though. Warm enough to where the snow is getting that melty wet thing going on. Was thinking about hitting the hotel soon. Ground isn't frozen, but it's been cold enough to hopefully solidify the muck enough to shovel it out. PM'd Rat to see if he wants to meetup and go slop through it for awhile. Website will hopefully be up in the next few days. I hate PayPal..seriously... we had a normal personal account that we had upgraded to Advanced. Advanced is 5bucks a month and allows you to use their payment gateway for websites/shopping carts. So we login, it says we have Advanced as our plan and gives us access to all of the tools. But when we give the info to our dev so she can setup the cart etc...it says we're denied. 5days on the phone with paypal. They had set us up for the next plan up which has a virtual terminal etc... had to refax documents to them so they could revert it back. What a waste of time! I'm in the midst of listing all of these records my neighbor gave me... oh here's one that people who watched Happy Days will love.... I present Suzi Quatro's album from Bravo magazine from Germany. This was 1976

Attachments

• 79a3b29c323e4010bf6365344177e408.jpg
    79a3b29c323e4010bf6365344177e408.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 92

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well, were about locked down with the ice storm and frozen. Even sitting in the deer blind--only the rabbits are foraging. Suffering not being able to detect or dig. Got up early and took my Shepherd pup out for a walk in the woods. Ice made an interesting landscape in these parts. But Im done with that now that Christmas is here. We need 70 and sunny again!.Havent seen too many bargains of late. Been looking at maybe buying some detector equipment. Been thinking about that Minelab.....Waiting to see what new items come out. See a lot of the Pulse induction machines are all the rage (and pricey too).Waiting for the after Christmas sales looking at a new box. The G/f said she would buy me one so I am doing my homework.Funny Iron, I liked ole Suzi Q back then....lets see....I was 14 then. Well have you got any digging in up there before the winter shuts you down?.Merry Christmas all--Happy new year!.

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Was out at Stonetown today and its partially frozen. Dug a piece of iron with a hole in it but haven't washed it off yet. I got a penny/dime hit on my White's XLT and it ended up being in this frozen plug of dirt. I just read an article in W&E Treasures magazine about not damaging your finds so I brought the lump home to pour warm water on.

Attachments

• 83a3986ec1944834ba71bec79cdb552e.jpg
    83a3986ec1944834ba71bec79cdb552e.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 90

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Artifact starting to show.

Attachments

• 37255bd1501a40e7945d7370cdc2ffcf.jpg
    37255bd1501a40e7945d7370cdc2ffcf.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 92

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Ouch, just the bowl but if the handle had still been attached, the slow approach would have been worth it. Has to be silver but almost looks like aluminum which it is way too old to be and it's too thin and solid to have held up in pewter?

Attachments

• 4f6d202dbe9b4a16b57f8bdeab7258bf.jpg
    4f6d202dbe9b4a16b57f8bdeab7258bf.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member