So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Went fishing lure recovery with the detector today. I did find 6 pennies and one is a wheat soaking to reveal the date. I did come back with two jig heads, 3 sinkers of various types (thats in my tackle box now. The good finds--- a Stanley wedge spinner, a Rappalla J9, and 2 old Little Cleo Wigl`s I found at two different locations in the gravel pits. I saw those were made `56-`96 because some woman complained about the naked woman on the lure it was discontinued. So it was an interesting day walking shoreline.

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and rack up the coin count again.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Another cleanup on the camp areas. Had to give up as the rain came in. Just got a count (129 coins), 11q,21d,97p 2 fishing sinkers (large) and a batch of scrap alum/copper. $5.82 on the day. Not sure if theres anything old as its all soaking. Did also dig a matchbox car, but left it on a park bench, as Ive no use for that. So far about 400 coins from that location alone.
Hope the weather holds a bit longer. Supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow. Maybe get some digging and detecting in. I did also scratch a 1940s Coke from some small dump area too.

MIdigger

Reaction score
One of my most "historic" finds thus far. I went detecting a spot before the rains, How depressing, overcast gloomy and only 2d,5n,and 16p to show....plus an aluminum token. I had this one soaking and little by little the event was of major historical significance.

It is aluminum and corroded. However at first I could only make out 25 and some letters...and 1927. I finally got it readable: First non stop flight New York to Paris 1927.. The front has a likeness of Lindberg and states Charles A Lindberg.............a Token commemorating such an event. Some days history pays off in odd ways.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Nice find on the Lindberg token...You must have one heck of a garage/basement for storage...If I found half of the stuff you find, my wife would kick my butt.

She already looked at all the car parts I'd brought home with disdain...until I showed her how much '47-'48 Packard parts actually sell for...
Snow melted..a few days ago it rained and was 40 and most of the snow was gone...was nice yesterday and a slight wind...now it's all gone...Ground is still soft too.

Heading up to the inlaws on the 28th methinks. Told wife "you are bringing me to the farm so I can go to that house and dig the hole and snag car parts and if it's crappy out, I'm walking down to Rautiola's house (the 1800's settler house with the 1 holer) and I'm digging his privy out.". I'll walk the mile or so back into the logging roads that lead there...Of course I'll have my knife and a firearm with me. Too many coyote and wolves running around now.

Plumb...you could call the manufacturer of your MD and ask them to take a look at it... (forgot which MD you have)... many of the companies like Garrett and Fisher will look at it for you and fix it for free... I've heard many stories on the MD forums about guys sending their machine in and having it sent back with no charge...

Haven't been digging or anything as of late. Been too busy listing stuff on our ebay store. we ended up with about 100+ Wenger/Swiss Army/Victorinox/Swiss Military (all same company) watches.. Friend's buddy that owns the knife store also sells these..gave us a few boxes full..so far selling 4-10 a day..not too bad...been busy shipping and listing.

GL/HH if you guys get out

MIdigger

Reaction score
You have some great places up there to scrounge. I wish there were more places like that here I could comb over. Sounds like your wheeling --dealing ventures are going good. I put the Stormy Krommer to use a few times to keep my mellon warm. Works as advertised!!.

Got done with the finals at college yesterday and had today to myself so I hit that camp area once again. Another 91 coins and a 2nd Chuck-E-cheese token..plus the copper and aluminum scrap. 4q,8d,1n,78p, oh, and a few more large sinkers for my tackle box. Free tackle is always good. Thinking I may make a shadow box type display for all the lures/spoons Ive found. I also see the weather weenies are scaring the old people already.

Is this (dare I use the term Winter storm) heading toward you?. Were supposed to get just some light snow and mainly rain (fine with me). Hope it whizzes past and I can get out detecting this weekend and clean up. All that water in the soil makes it a good time to get out. Good luck everyone if you get out.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Frozen ground is holding me back at the moment. Some snow expected tomorrow. However, I plan on hitting some places later this week. Probably have to use a small pick, but should be able to make the 30 or so needed for 3K/yr.
Keep thinking of all those quarters I dug down in KY last spring. Might have to look into that again.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Post some pics if you like, i think most here love silver (or most coins). Iam watching out the window as the snows piling up. Ruining my detecting id tried to plan for tomorrow. Might still be able to take a small digging tool and get a few coins.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Hit a few woodchip areas and passed the 3k for the coin mark. Nothing but just spendable coinage, 2 broken zippers (one said Phat babies or something) and a metal button. Had to push the snow aside but thats about all. Everythings covered with snow and more expected. Might be the end unless we get the January melt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC