So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Re: RE: So where are the detector reports??

That picture is great!, it truly captures the nice 20 plus inches of snow we just got.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well on a good note the snows melting quickly, but I don't think the ground will thaw just yet. Plenty of new places to detect just need some warm up to get started.

TylerH

Reaction score

What type of detectors do you guys think a beginner should use. [8|]

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well cost is a factor, but there are many good ones out there. Bounty Hunter 505s, Garrett Ace series, Tesoros (Iron can chime in on those). If your just a weekend warrior, you can buy for under $300/200 a decent machine. Its kind of like any consumer good, there's good, better and best. Some things to consider, weight, controls, type of soil you'll most encounter, and what are the targeted items your after? coins? relics?. Can probably get some info from your local library and online through Kellyco and others. Good luck.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score

I recently bought a fisher F2 as a backup incase I have to send my 6t in for repairs. For $190 its one of the best detectors you can get. If its 500 or above I recommend the Whites MX5 or Garret AT-Pro.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Still sitting with all this snow here. No detecting going on. Been cleaning equipment, chacking parts and replacing stuff, new batteries and cleaning the back packs out and refurbing them with new/fresh items. Looks like Mar6th spring break starts. I don't know if ill get to do any detecting here (before then) or have to wait to go south, hoping to get some warm weather next month.

ironmountain

Reaction score

We're still frozen too. It's been -6 average for the past couple of weeks...discounting the bitter wind.Today feels warm...16 degrees.... The ice/snow on the roads actually melted today. Haven't seen bare roads in quite awhile. Glad that some ppl can get out and give updates and share finds! I've been hitting st vinny, a couple of local shops and the ReStore.and still selling off all of these records etc..etc...trying to keep busy when I can't MD/Dig..

MIdigger

Reaction score

Heading down south with new girlfriend to KY, and VA areas. Hoping to do some detecting and antique snooping while down there. Spring break in 3 weeks. Sure hope it warms up.

ironmountain

Reaction score

Nice! glad someone gets away for a bit.I gave up on the penny countertop project. Wife took our huge apothecary jar to the bank and dumped all the change (no silver or anything..just clad) because it was getting pretty full.I jumped back on the genealogy train.My dad's father's Finnish side is easy to trace back. I'm letting my cousin do that part. There are pics, letters, diaries,bibles, records etc... I found something interesting when doing his mother's side.my grandmother's maiden name was Kelly.Her mother had married a Patrick Kelly.her father's last name was Marsh.her mother's Rickman.Found out that they were two of the african american pioneer families to the U.P.The Marsh family came over with William Penn and the other Quakers when they arrived.One of the Marsh guys lived with Penn and was given 5k acres by him.One came over in the 1600's and is one of the founders of Hartford, CT.. Revolutionary war fighters, dr william rickman was friends with Washington and Jefferson. he was voted as the director of hospitals by the continental congress.he's the scandalous one.he married elizabeth harrison...her dad signed the declaration. her young brother was the 9th president.they had no kids.jesse rickman lived across the border from dr marsh. (border of Va/NC). he was another rev. war vet at the same time as dr rickman.up to the early 1770s there was a william rickman living in the same town , same neighborhood as dr william rickman was when he married harrison. At that time he was married to a Katherine VanMeter and they had 4 kids.Her last in 1770. She died and Dr married harrison in 1775-1790.seems like elizabeth wanted to be greedy.in his will there were quite a few mentions of his children...those areas had been scribbled out. But there are 4 kids born during that time period previous to his marriage to harrison that grew up and played with the other rickmans across the border.she distributed dr rickman's estate amongst the members of her family... crazy to find books written about your families. there's more, but i found that pretty interesting. that's what i've been up to... in the house cold outside stuff..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC