Vintage soda bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ann M.

Reaction score
Did you post that round bottom bottle earlier? I remember there being a mystery about a bottle like that earlier but I don't think we ever came to a conclusion about what it was. I definitely don't remember it being as big as yours. Not sure what it could be, it's absolutely not a beverage bottle of any kind though.
Another mystery. "Pocahontas beads". A few left in the bottom. About 3 1/2" tall. Corked. Can't find a thing about it!

Attachments

• 20200312_213856.jpg
    20200312_213856.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 175

Ann M.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the round bottom is a soda bottle-perhaps from drug store? It's at least 12-14", very thin glass with a rolled glass top? I've seen it listed as a fire grenade, but don't believe that it is.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It can't be a soda bottle with that sort of thin glass, soda is heavily pressurized and it would explode. Thin-walled soda bottles are a very modern invention, like 1960s at the earliest, and they still aren't anywhere near that thin. I don't think it's a fire grenade either but can't think of a good explanation for what it is. My best guess is that it's part of something and not a bottle meant to be used on its own, but I can't think part of what.

Ann M.

Reaction score
It can't be a soda bottle with that sort of thin glass, soda is heavily pressurized and it would explode. Thin-walled soda bottles are a very modern invention, like 1960s at the earliest, and they still aren't anywhere near that thin. I don't think it's a fire grenade either but can't think of a good explanation for what it is. My best guess is that it's part of something and not a bottle meant to be used on its own, but I can't think part of what.

Ann M.

Reaction score
I learned from a vendor at the STL bottle show that it's a very old laboratory bottle. Wouldn't have guessed that. The glass is so incredibly thin. Amazing it's not got a single chip or crack after potentially 100+ years in an attic.

Ann M.

Reaction score
I learned from a vendor at the STL bottle show this weekend that it's a laboratory bottle. No idea of the age but it came from gr. grandfather's attic, so could be 100+ years old. No cracks or chips! Amazing considering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artsy