"Bakers Vegetable Blood Liver Cure | SPENCER MEDICINE CO | Greenville Tenn" [ NOT: Lookout Medicine Co ]

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this bottle? I can find lots of examples of it manufactured by Lookout Medince Co with a double collar top. I have not been able to find any manufactured by Spencer Co with this applied lip. I am wanting to sell it but need to know its value first. Thanks -t

Attachments

• FB-529--2.jpg
    FB-529--2.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 64
  • FB-529-.jpg
    FB-529-.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • FB-529--6.jpg
    FB-529--6.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 61
  • FB-529--3.jpg
    FB-529--3.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 53
  • FB-529--5.jpg
    FB-529--5.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 61

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
In my opinion it is going to be a great bottle. Probably 300-500. You need to put some more research into it. This is a link to an article.
This is a thread here:

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
Thank you, Bruce, for your help. I am new here and afraid I don't know what to do with the link to the FOHBC Winter 2024 issue you sent me. I flipped through the pages and did not see anything in that issue about the Bakers. Is there something about it in there? If so, how did you find that issue? Is there a way to search within it? I'm sure all of these are stupid questions, and everyone else knows the answers. I promise to do the research myself before I bother people here if you would be willing to help me understand how. Or maybe there is a section here on bottles.net that teaches this? gratefully, -todd

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Thank you, Bruce, for your help. I am new here and afraid I don't know what to do with the link to the FOHBC Winter 2024 issue you sent me. I flipped through the pages and did not see anything in that issue about the Bakers. Is there something about it in there? If so, how did you find that issue? Is there a way to search within it? I'm sure all of these are stupid questions, and everyone else knows the answers. I promise to do the research myself before I bother people here if you would be willing to help me understand how. Or maybe there is a section here on bottles.net that teaches this? gratefully, -todd
When doing a search put "quotation marks" around the words you want to find in your search.

edndlm

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this bottle? I can find lots of examples of it manufactured by Lookout Medicine Co with a double collar top. I have not been able to find any manufactured by Spencer Co with this applied lip. I am wanting to sell it but need to know its value first. Thanks -t
I have the Spencer Mountain variant with the applied lip & the Lookout Mountain variant with double collar lip. The Spencer Mountain variant is harder to come by. I would guess $400-$500 range, maybe a little more assuming no damage. Looks like it was cleaned which helps it look better, in my opinion, but does turn off others. Ed

Tnsuttles

Reaction score
I have the Spencer Mountain variant with the applied lip & the Lookout Mountain variant with double collar lip. The Spencer Mountain variant is harder to come by. I would guess $400-$500 range, maybe a little more assuming no damage. Looks like it was cleaned which helps it look better, in my opinion, but does turn off others. Ed
Thank you, edndlm, for taking the time to help me with the Bakers. I appreciate it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29