Marketing Madness

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Coming from a 20 year sales experience, I learned one thing; streamlining makes business sense.
I watched our logo change over the years, and even experienced a retro feel in its latest incarnation.
Products of all types have jumped on the same bandwagon. Here's a few I see every day.

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-3.jpeg

remember the old format?

Unknown-4.jpeg
Unknown-5.jpeg
Unknown-6.jpeg
Unknown-7.jpeg

A picture is worth a million marketing ideas...keep the iconic bottle and logo, add the new owner's name, tell 'em a little history with a silhouette added to the logo. Tada! Marketing madness. I am now retired and fall prey to this new/old idea every day. Cost is the driving factor in today's food economy.

So anyhoo...once upon a time I sold my second car back to the dealer for more than I paid for it 3 years
before...supply and demand.

I started shopping online here...

1722779260849.png

but then I tried a revamped supplier site ... look at the price savings from my new supplier! Same product quality or better too.

1722779165033.png

If the savings of $8 wasn't enough, I used to have to buy either $65 worth of food or glean promo codes to get free delivery. Slowly the suppliers cut my delivery to once a week, then to once a month and soon they were always late. I shop once a week, from one source and save typical 20% on every order. I can use my loyalty points but haven't bothered yet because it Is still a better deal. I even tip the driver. I'll use those loyalty points for something special!

My new go to has everything I was looking for in one shop (I was using three!) and have a bigger selection, use my loyalty points and offer low next day delivery that is always on time. The produce is fresh, not frozen, and tastes authentic. I know, I used to work in the food department at Marks and Spencer while in college. The reason that they can do this is they sold off all of their independent suppliers to streamline their online business.

Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
We can barely grocery shop locally due to extreme pricing. We can drive 22-35 miles, spend less on groceries, and even the fuel is cheaper. No brainer saving money especially in light of the extreme inflation we've experienced lately.
One nice thing that did happen a couple of years ago and was actually attributed to the COVID mania. We had purchased a brand-new Ford Ranger just prior to the mania. After a year of driving, it everywhere, I decided it was not all that great. I was a bit disappointed as my old Ranger was awesome. We found a Ford F-150 we liked and when we traded, we got MORE for the Ranger than we had paid for it. We basically got to own it and use it for a whole year, and it cost us only fuel. This was due to there being very few NEW vehicles available at the dealerships as they couldn't get the parts needed to complete the vehicles. All because of the COVID mania shutdowns. I doubt that will ever happen again, but what blessing.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
what a treat eh? I got three free years usage and only paid the fuel and insurance. Even got my money
back for my trade-in which was ready to die after only 4 years (end of warranty I guess)...COVID made
a lot of on-line experiences better. I used to shake when I got into a shopping centre...masks and
restrictions everywhere...I called it "mall"aria!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51