Suspected Salesman's Sample

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
"Maybe? I was just saying that's what it looks like they did with the modern Pepsi cans recently. But I can't really explain what they did with your bottle unless somebody lived in that time and actually saw the change happen."

I am a retired electronics technological engineer..is it time to build a time machine?

Does anyone have Elon Musk's phone number...I want to leave a message for Tesla!!!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
"Maybe? I was just saying that's what it looks like they did with the modern Pepsi cans recently. But I can't really explain what they did with your bottle unless somebody lived in that time and actually saw the change happen."

I am a retired electronics technological engineer..is it time to build a time machine?

Does anyone have Elon Musk's phone number...I want to leave a message for Tesla!!!
That's funny.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
looks pretty convincing...wish there was holding pin mark on the back..that would confirm it..
I am waiting for it now to arrive...this would explain why the label looks too small...the ACL
version was significantly bigger....As I was going after a display bottle for my labels it won't
offend me, but I might contact the vendor once I'm sure. I may be getting a rare label for free.
or maybe some one coloured in the corners of a once rare label or even early repro...and ruined it!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Maybe it's the cold medicine or I am being optimistic...the 1952 bottles sometimes had paper
labels, like the ultra rare Dossins. No pinning required. Is this back to being a rare bottle again?
Rare bottle? Rip-off bottle? Rare bottle?
Rare label? Rip-off label? Rare label?
This is like the Celtic amulet that was Celtic, then Berber, then Celtic again.
Genies out of the bottle and playing with me?

Unknown.jpeg

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I don't know if I can be much help from this point on, but one thing I did notice is that here in Canada the 40s Pepsi bottles have the Pepsi Cola embossing around the neck with the bottom of the lettering towards the left, but on 1950s Pepsi bottles they changed it for some reason so that the bottom of the lettering goes towards the right and the wave in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is the same in the U.S, but on your bottle it's also going to the right.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51