Suspected Salesman's Sample

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I don't know if I can be much help from this point on, but one thing I did notice is that here in Canada the 40s Pepsi bottles have the Pepsi Cola embossing around the neck with the bottom of the lettering towards the left, but on 1950s Pepsi bottles they changed it for some reason so that the bottom of the lettering goes towards the right and the wave in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is the same in the U.S, but on your bottle it's also going to the right.
Sorry, I meant that the other way around 40s was to the right 50s was to the left.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I love mysteries...I'm watching Disney's Haunted Mansion while my son and wife are
at Disney World. So cool! Great luck so far. Tropical Storm Debby missed them by that much!
This bottle is likely two finds in one for me. Never had an American paper label bottle as late as
1952 and even a well done repro of the marketing label. I wanted something that I could display
American Pepsi labels on...now I can go as far as 1952, which may explain why a 1952 cap just
showed up in my drawer. Yikes!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
The US twist stayed the same. Canada switched the twist direction about 1946 (?)
The first Canadian ACL Pepsi's were an attempt at reusing the 1941 Pat bottle. Of
course I've had both in my collection. Remember how hard it is for me to find a new
bottle. That's why I only have 9 thus far.

I'm a little spooked. Bottle mystery. Stubborn cold. All alone. Family's in the eye of a
hurricane. Mystery Movie. Haunted Mansions. Matching bottle cap appears suddenly.
Chicken noodle soup packet falls out of cupboard as I hear the scary butler say "Lets
start with soup." Thunder rumbles.
Time to put the birds to bed.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Whew. Thats better. Birds are in bed and my soup is ready. Back to my previously
scheduled program. LMAO it's the cold medicine again!

Unknown.jpeg

I've had mystery bottles before. One was a 1912 Coke flavour bottle from Helena, GA,
marked White STAR Line...wrote a letter to their bottler but didn't get an answer. The Titanic
sunk that year so I wondered if there was a connection. Apparently they wouldn't or didn't
want to tell me.

Now as much as it was a mystery piece, it's infamy only grew when it was discovered
that a rats tooth was embedded in the glass. It will always be called "Rats Tooth"

Factory rats? Corporate rats?

bottlebugs

Reaction score
It's the genies I tell you. I get up to get my dinner and missed your additional correction on the bottle twist.

Yes...don't tell my wife...Right is right.

AMERICAN

cf825e379d8a0574a104fa3ea909b87d.jpg

CANADIAN WAS TO THE LEFT...

I don't know if I can be much help from this point on, but one thing I did notice is that here in Canada the 40s Pepsi bottles have the Pepsi Cola embossing around the neck with the bottom of the lettering towards the left, but on 1950s Pepsi bottles they changed it for some reason so that the bottom of the lettering goes towards the right and the wave in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is the same in the U.S, but on your bottle it's also going to the right.
Sorry, I meant that the other way around 40s was to the right 50s was to the left.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
not to mention that I had some leftover coriander freshly chopped for lunch, opened the kitchen
cupboard to put back the extra pack of soup and Jamaican crackers fall out. I forgot a napkin and
one freshly laundered was sitting in the bag next to me...btw fresh coriander is amazing with chicken
noodle soup. Who'd a thought? A million or so Thai Pho Soup shops? Next time I'm adding shrimp!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Wow that's alot of information right there :) it's sounds like you have alot going on right now. By the way that is some spooky stuff.

hemihampton

Reaction score
there was a White Star Line Boat that was stationed in Detroit in that Time Frame. Mainly cruised in the Detroit area.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51