So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: Went to the lake today

a 2nd view

C11FF3171B2D450CBBDD64901A12400C.jpg

Attachments

• C11FF3171B2D450CBBDD64901A12400C.jpg
    C11FF3171B2D450CBBDD64901A12400C.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 84

surfaceone

Reaction score
RE: A bit of coins

ORIGINAL: MIdigger

Other finds

753E3908081441EF9B8597F9B54A711E.jpg

Rich,

Big High 5, man! Looking forward to more photo posts from you. A tip of the cap to the lovely Renee for helping.

books-rare-medium-well-done.jpg

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: A bit of coins

Iron wheres that report??? I wanna know what you found in that area. Didnt get much done today. Few rummage sales--- one good find: an old Johnson gas tank I got very reasonable. See them on fleabay for 40-65 bucks. Figure I can come in under those numbers and make a profit very easily. Also got a bunch of large stick candles for the survival box 17 of them at only 5 cents each.

Heading out to detect in the early am--- supposed to be around 90 (thats well outside my prescribed comfort zone). Waiting for the pics and finds...........

MIdigger

Reaction score
Late afternoon detecting

Hit a spot for a bit, 1.10 in returnables and 2q,7d,22p (1 1948 wheat cent) a boyscout kerchief badge, tent stakes, and a few pieces of scrap metal. Basically spending cash bottles and change ($2.56) and the wheat goes into the mason jar with the rest.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Morning parks clean up

15q,8d,13p and an old wrestling medal from my old High school. Nothing very old just clad spendable change today. Ran into 3 other detectorists. Place was busy for some reason today. Nicest coin was a BU 1959 lincoln cent. Not worth a lot but someone was holding this one for a while.

MIdigger

Reaction score
One more good morning

Hit a ballfield today: 15q,19d,2n,23p and 4 returnables =$6.38... plus one military style dog tag. Nothing silver that I could see, have a bunch of the coins soaking so I can roll them up.
Anyone else getting any finds??

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: One more good morning

They kind of go hand in hand.....and most of us partake in both fields.

cyberdigger

Reaction score

I think because the title of this thread keeps changing, it might be slightly confusing to those who are not following it.. [;)]

ironmountain

Reaction score

Dig... Hit it again, cleared some of the almost waist high grass with a sickle. Found some shards on the underside of the lip of the creek bank and some shards in the creek. Going to need waders to hit that creek proper though. 2' of water and close to 1' of mud. Opened up the privy hole a bit and only got a cpl feet down. Found some newer shards and hunks of wooden board in there so far.

We did find a dump though! I stepped on a piece of tin and wondered where the heck that came from. Looked up and could make out metal goodness through the thicket. Was very dense brush/bushes. Saw some car hoods in there, what looks like those riveted water boilers/tanks and other misc metal stuff. Will be bringing the chainsaw or the tree trimmer shears when we go in 2 weeks.

This weekend will start some fun. Going up to inlaws Sunday through the following Sunday. MIL asked if I'm bringing up the MD because my FIL wants to go with us and see what we can find. Methinks he's thinking we're going to find the motherlode of copper or silver. it's possible. Daughter said she'd rather dig. So we're going to spend some time finishing up the "new" privy and a dump and going to pinpoint the original privy (i know the area it's in). Just going to put the MD in all metal mode, full sensitivity and going to dig everything.

Might hit the yard later this afternoon. Was 90ish on Sunday and humid. Been frosty every morning since. Weird weather this year.

GL/HH everyone

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Gunnels