So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: One more good morning

So..father in law was checking the trail cams we have setup in the areas we hunt. He came across pic and right away called a dnr friend. They look like coyotes that haven't eaten in 2yrs and with mange... turns out it is a wolf with mange. could only see the back half of it from the neck to the butt. Extremely skinny.

one facing to the right (look at the body..looks very emaciated and fur all jacked up) can see the head of the 2nd one...that thing was close.

081283E8DED14F6D86E131ECB7858826.jpg

Attachments

• 081283E8DED14F6D86E131ECB7858826.jpg
    081283E8DED14F6D86E131ECB7858826.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 85

Dugout

Reaction score

They will probably die from the mange.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Man they look pretty bad. Seems like they would be eating of on game? or is the game population down?.
Oh, and thanks Iron, the package arrived today. Much appreciated! and the copper pieces are very interesting.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Went to a few schools after the rain stopped. Hit 11q,5d,17p and a small pin with a cat on it. Then did some digging and grabbed some milks, cobalts, and a batch of silverplated forks and spoons, and 1 marble. Then the rain came back so I gave up.

ironmountain

Reaction score

NP Rich..i searched around the buckets and besides those few pieces (i like the heavie one that is round/oval at one one ad has a bar on top of that ). Father in law was over today and said that there are now almost 50 buckets foo...just need to grab the brick hammers and chink away therock..going to be fun.

been cold and windy here..daughter and were at the park practicing and within 1/2 couldnt feel the ball when holding it..

she took 2nd..would have one, but she shanked her throw..it was rainy etc and as soon as she threw it, I knew it was a goner..seh threw 38 feet...due to the penalization of throwing it on either side of the line.missed by 30feet only..which her pass would ahve beaten it..oh well..was great family fun tim and gave her experience...

Off now...i need to go list those kormers and about 6lbs (no joke) of inserts for arrows, nocks, fletching and some decent Nikon Lens'...300mm large telephoto, smediumsized Nikon 58mm and a stubby .28mm and a maro lens...

you know he wolf pic i posted a few threads up? DNR guy was driving dow then street (well..its a 2track driveay) and some 3 or 4 cross the street right in front of them.crazy..

GL HH

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well I sure appreciate the copper pieces. I am sending one to my niece in KY for her show and tell in class. Sent some odds and ends to her (the recent ball glove I found, and a set of the 3 1943 P,D,S steel cents), which, strangely enough, I got one in change from my local Speedway gas station this morning. I havent come upon one of those in circulation since 2010 when I found one in a roll of pennies.
Hopefully its a good sign, as I have all my college classwork done and figure to blow off today metal detecting somewhere. I have found a good digging spot, but we got a good rain last night and I didnt want to play in the mud so to speak. We have rain coming for the next few days but hope to do some more digging in that spot by the weekend (maybe Friday) as Ive been finding more silverplate (scrap $$). Plus the cobalt (more$$) and some milks and others I like. Saw an M&S soda with a red lable (broke of course) but all Ive found thus far only had the blue and white logo. Most of the stuff is 30s-60s stuff and some 60s crap on top but I may take the sifter box might find some coins and smalls again.

Keep hoping for a big find, but the digging keeps me coming back for more. Even found some scrap copper and aluminum again. Might have to make a trip to the scrap man ($$). Gas has taken a short tumble to $3.48....if you can call gouging at $3.48 a drop....itll jump to $4 by the weekend...Been looking at a new (maybe used) Ford focus (about 40mpg) which would be great for running around (better than the 16-20 in the SUV...but I have to ACTUALLY sit in one of them to see if my 6-4 225lb frame can fit in without removing the backseat or other modifications. Of course me, my lab and a metal detector in that thing would be about impossible.
Well, your daughter sounds like she did ok. She will just get better. Mine got asked to play on the varsity football team (kicker/punter) but I have no doubts being 6` and solid not to mention quick she couldve been a reciever too. (she scored 2 tds and a 2pt conversion in the powderpuff catching two long bombs and running them in and a pass into the endzone for the 2 pt). The kid was awesome. You have all that to look forward to yet--enjoy it. Good luck with the sales, I really like the SK cap I got from you. Just has the traditional look for winter.

Well, will report back later if I find anything out today.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Not a lot 3q,9d,19p and 2 pennies are wheats but have to soak them (cant read the dates yet), and 1 quarter was a beat up illegible standing liberty. At least its silver!. Also 2 new baseballs, and 3 returnables. Weather wasnt too bad just windy today.

Plumbata

Reaction score

It's always fun to read you guys' posts. Best wishes to your daughters, they sound like real top notch people. Probably could kick my arse too, haha.

And MI; good job on the SLQ! Pretty sure I've only detected one of them. A favorite as far as design goes but the dates got worn down super fast in circulation. I'd take a worn standing liberty over an MS-60 '64 washington any day of the week.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Plumb I think we both got lucky and have great kids. Mine makes me happy staying on the Deans list at U-of-M and staying out of trouble. Cant say my daughter would wail on anyone without cause but she knows Tangsoo do.That SLQ is pretty worn like my others I think thats my 3rd one. And not one has a ledgible date. But, I was happy its silver!. I think thats the fun of detecting and bottle digging....so close to treasure just have to have a lucky day and hit it.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Cleaned up at the park today 9q,5d,1n,26p 1 token, 1 retrunable bottle. Then hit the dump for a dig. Grabbed up all the cobalts I could get maybe 20, about 5 milks, 6 creamers, A few interesting odd balls and a handfull of silverplated spoons and forks again. One was an interesting baby spoon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffani