So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: One more good morning

nice SLQ find! second favorite coin behind the Peace Dollars..Just love the detail on the PD. Glad you like the Kromer..they're awesome hats..especially when there's not much snow and everything is as hard as cement and the wind is 20mph and so cold your face feels like it's going to fall off.....

At the auction we bought 3 bows. (4 counting the crossbow). I wanted the group of 3 because it had 2 of the old Bear longbows. Fun bows to shoot...the compound that came with it is actually a Dave Barnsdale made bow. Birdseye maple limbs and an American riser...American was a bow company out of wisc. they are now Hi-Country, I believe. I guess they were high end bows back in the day. he built them and qc'd them and then branched out on his own making custom limbs..oddly enough, he lives in town here...was looking at the serial number and called him about it...was the 31st set of limbs he made in his first year on his own.... from what I've read and been told by local people, he's the top limb maker in the country and there are 1-2yr waits for his limbs..kind of a neat find.

Haven't been out MD'ing at all... been busy with the kids...son is now going to help teach Tae Kwon Do classes, which is nice. 15yrs old and extremely focused on TKD...will give him some responsibility and a chance to be a somewhat mentor for the little ones. Plus gives him community service hours... they need x amount to graduate and if they do a certain amount they get some presidential medal for service or something... He also was chosen to be part of an honor band program at St Norbert's college in green bay. so been busy with all of the preps for that stuff.

Your daughter sounds just like mine!!! strong, athletic and a good kicker.... daughter is 5'7" , 11yrs old and pretty ripped... that's sweet that your daughter was asked to kick..sadly, not many girls get offers like that..especially in high school.... my daughter said she wants to be a professional soccer goalie and a wnba player.... i told her as long as she makes daddy that money, she can do whatever she wants.

was going to try to get out today and MD a bit, but the wind is pretty bitter. GL if you get out today..

Plumbata

Reaction score

You plan on selling that crossbow Iron? If so, what are the specs and fair price you'd want for it?

MIdigger

Reaction score

Hey guys, been out a few more times. Today I hit the schools, 9q,12d,25p and one cub scout neckerchief badge (3rd one of those this year). Also a good batch of returnable cans (more gas cash). Hoping to hit some new spots. Snow will surely be here before long. Just hope we get that winter weather like last year so I can detect in Jan/Feb again. Did get another 43 steel cent in change the other day.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Today I snatched up 9q,16d,and 112 pennies from a park. One penny was a 1926-P. Most of the dimes and quarters are soaking so I dont know (but doubt) any are silver. That wind today was something else, especially being on a lake. Found 1 earring, 2 returnables, some kids swimming googles and thats about it.

ironmountain

Reaction score

Hey guys! Been busy still...man Rich..I need to sneak down there and shadow you around. You find more stuff than any MD'er I know on any of the forums I go to. (except the guys who hunt the ocean beaches...they find Rolex/platinum jewelry etc). 112 pennies in one go..your back must be aching by now...Nice pick on the 43 steel. I have yet to find/get one. they almost seem like a novelty item.

was 29 this morning at 5am when I got up to run the dogs. Everything had frost on it. Now it's almost 60..go figure.

Plumb..it's a Barnett...no idea what model...i'm thinking an rx-150 or a Commando... I'll have to figure out the model. it just says Barnett on the limbs (it's a recurve style bow)..i'll get back to you when i figure out.

Basketball season starts tomorrow..well practice..2-3x a week for tourneys...kind of excited...

still need to get back up to the hotel dig spot..haven't been there in weeks..wanted to wait for the foliage to fall so we could see better in there...maybe this coming Sunday...(sat is the honor band thing). Go dig me up some dry creekbed....

gl detecting/digging.

ironmountain

Reaction score

hey guys/girls. Nothing much to report here. Been too busy to MD let alone make it up to the dig spot. Hopefully going Sunday. Creek should be dried out by now and the foliage is gone (that place was like a jungle..waist high stuff) so should be able to be more productive.

The POS system computer we picked up at the auction still had all of the business info in quickbooks. I culled the vendor companies and the contacts etc... then found his inventory..company purchased from, price paid, markup etc... so we're kind of going through the list doing some research (which I love doing..makes a nice focus for the OCD). Since Stormy Kromer is about 2hrs away in Ironwood, we contacted their U.P. sales guy and he sent us the dealer catalog and price listings yesterday...so will probably become a licensed dealer soon...pretty excited...

The guy I buy/sell with has a friend who deals in knives. He is selling us some of his stock plus we're going to take his current stock and set that up online and take a %... He actually does pretty well...his orders are like 250k at a time..ridiculous.

Other than that, just prepping for rifle season and figuring out what i'm going to do on downtime. Go back to the abandoned house and snag a ton of the old car parts or find the privy and dig it up or follow the shallow/wide ravine that has 40's bottles on top....Or 2box MD at the farm or work on one of the dumps daughter and I started on.... I'm leaning towards getting to that house with father-in-law's truck and filling it up with all the parts I can fit in it and then exploring the ravine and looking for the privy....I can always dig at the farm...

Plumb...I believe the Xbow is a xr-150. only a few sites with enough info to tell...still working on it..

gl/hh

MIdigger

Reaction score

Hey, been kinda busy with the college thing. Did get out and dig a bit and detect. About another 4-5 bucks worth, and a few good bottles and some silverplate as usual...forks and spoons again. It all adds up for scrap!. I did get a find at the bank this morning. I always eye the change trays (tellers prob think Im going to rob them) anyhow---I spied a half I wanted (knew it was a 40%) so she plucked it and I got it (1966 Kennedy). Not big value but might as well snatch it up. Last time I snagged a bunch of Franklins someone brought in, THAT was interesting, and so were the 2 silver eagles I got from the gas station attendant. You never know when opportunity knocks!.

Hope you get out soon Iron--youre going to be frozen out soon. I hope we get a winter like last years and I can detect in Jan/Feb again. Looking to get out tomorrow and do some diggin detecting too. Good luck all (and with the business Iron--let me know what you get in the cutlery).

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well I went digging with my friend yesterday. Got a few cobalts and various oddballs. Then I thought I dug another lipstick, but it was much heavier material. Soaked and cleaned it revealed Schrader balloon tire ga, Brooklyn, NY and patent dates of 09,16,22 and the last was 1923. It appears its missing the top piece and I have the body/ga assembly. Kind of an interesting find for a motor head.

Hoping to do some more detecting at the park area where I did so well at later in the week as we have a heatwave of 50-60 coming..

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like you've been busy. You always have good finds..i dig and md vicariously through you...it's been nice lately..40's, ground still soft.
Nice cash drawer find! CRH isn't very popular up here so I could probably do well..pain in the butt though. I'd rather spend the winter researching places to dig/md. Those Schrader pressure guages are sweet looking...I could see how one would mistake it for a lipstick tube.

I like finding old car parts too..
I haven't been a gearhead since the 80's when I had all personal muscle cars and a few semi-exotics at our bodyshop I had: 76 Trans Am, 77 Nova, 67 Camaro, 69 Firebird...those were the fun cars....bodyshop had: 911 carerra, ASC McLaren Mustang(loved that car...dark blue with orange detail), '82 TA turbo and a few others...oh..and a butt ugly Avanti..hated those headlights...

K..now i'm in the mood to get up to Houghton and just grab parts like a fiend...Actually, I'm dying to get up to the hotel to dig, got that heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach...didn't end up going yesterday and wife and I were out and i suggested we go...we didn't really have much time, so she suggested Tues. after we vote since she's off....

Buddy on the phone right now. Another outfitter going out of business. Going to have an auction, but he kinda knows the owner...and that person just referred us to dealer that they know and they are going to call them as a reference.. would be nice for this to all takeoff.

as far as the cutlery goes, we're talking to the knives guy on thurs. im almost feeling busy lately!

hh/gl

MIdigger

Reaction score

Iron I sure hope you get out before the snow. I did today, and dug for a while, got a couple of glass keepers and 3 silverplate spoons.........then Detecto mode...

FINALLY--GOLD.... its only an earring. 14Kt and only weighs .40 of a gram...worth almost $13 bucks....but its gold....plus 2q,3d,and 6p and 2 returnables. Nothing spectacular but it was a fun day.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffani