So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: One more good morning

Much easier to check out thanks. Bullets look like they may be .45-70s. Interesting samples of marbles too. One looks like it maybe one of those blood marbles--but Im no expert. Nice finds you have there. You find a good amount of those pipes too.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Tried a new spot a ways north. 1 silver qtr `57 and 1 silver dime `63. Clad count was 3.64 lots of pennies once again.

ironmountain

Reaction score

you always find unique stuff rd (especially the sheer amount of pipes you dig up). Nice finds on the marbles too. Some marbles are so cool looking.

nice silver finds dig. you're always solid for a good amt of clad and silver or some good scrap.

I forgot the battery housings for the 2box, so didn't get a chance to detect with that at all. Did get out with my F2. found some tractor parts, an headlight rim for a model a, 1/2 of a Buck capgun and what looks/seems like a copper flashlight. old bullet style, copperish color with green oxidation on the outside. Inside is all green oxidation. No money. Just tons of metal hunks,cans and the above mentioned stuff.

Found 2 more bikes to sell for father in law. A Schwinn super sport and an old tricycle. This one has 2 steps on the back for the rear rider. did decently at the garage sale, but will do better when we hold it at our house.

Oh..my buddy, the one who digs with me and who's boss has all of the stuff we're liquidating for him, hit an auction this weekend. Sadly it wasn't the one at the house of the woman we buy bottles from. (guess her garage is nothing but bottles and such..her store basement has a few hundred too). This was a camera store going out of business. He ended up snagging 14-18k worth of stuff for 2500. We're going to start cataloging that today when he gets here.

hundreds of accessories and cameras and few higher end dslr cameras.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Sounds like some good stuff. Hoping the weather cools a bit so I can start doing some digging. The big event left town today....I went sniping as usual.

Almost 6 bucks in returnables, 4 new miller light can openers on key rings (new in pkg), 2q,5p a couple scrap copper pieces. And some nice recyclable things that just needed washing. Place was fairly trashed, but they do a good clean up job. The seaguls (and canadian geese) were feasting on the abundant leftover turkey legs thrown about. The recyclables were the best finds. Amazing whast a good run through the wash maching can produce.

Back out again tomorrow and see what else can be located.

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like you had a day!!!

was hot and humid, then it rained like crazy, then sunny and humid, then breezy and cool out...weird weather.

Ended up going through 6 boxes of camera stuff today. We sold one camera for 1200 before we even stuck it on CL or ebay. Friend back home is a photographer and he's liking all of the Nikon stuff we picked up. So he'll probably end up buying that....

Buddy's boss dropped off a brand new neon sign and a 5pack of posters for anheuser world select. supposedly these posters were only made for a few months or less...we have quite a few new boxes of them.

link to the pics:

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Beer-Signs/m-534064/tm.htm

tomorrow his boss is bringing "boxes of stuff" as he said. should be fun and keep us busy...

GL if you get out tomorrow

MIdigger

Reaction score

Sounds like you have a plan. I also had one and it worked pretty good. I assaulted the after the event areas this morning......Coming away with $15.00 plus in returnables, 4 warrior dash new medals (found in the mud)....4 more new Beer can openers on key rings in the package, not much clad --maybe $2.00, A nice intact 12 oz clear Coke ndnr the dimpled type with the diamond type lable, and a marble....That was from them digging a trench/hill as an obstacle. Also a bromo but the lip was chipped.

The other finds included 6pr of assorted Nike shoes (most bring new shoes wear them once and toss them....a thorough rinse with the hose, a spray down of Bleche white and a cleaning in the washer--Presto new shoes. Brother in law was happy he got a new pr and looked them up new--$85 bucks...The problem I have---I wear 13s....No finds in that size.

Dumpster diving-- found an additional bag of cans $9.50 (havent returned them yet, 2 brand new 5 gal gas cans. They still have the tags on them!!, plenty of returnable bottles, also a Warrior dash new jacket, a local college new jacket, a pr of suspenders (new from wallyworld with $6.50 price tag still attached), and a few other odds and ends. I did see one of the parks weiners hawking into my action. He was tossing cans out of the trash in the back of the truck. Asked him how much he cleared and said over $16.00 worth. Id have jumped back in the dumpster but the first time I went to jump out to go put a load in the suv....I jumped and fell on my A**.......... Its was pretty wet from the tstorms last night. Not deterred, I went to meijer and got my bottle/can refund (more gas cash). Then came back and wandered the grounds some more.

Pretty good morning and some good finds.

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like you had a nice adventure. you did quite a bit of picking. nice find on the Nikes too.

Nothing much going on here. cataloged more camera stuff and took some pics of accessories etc... prepping for the rummage sale we're having in a cpl weeks and dying to go digging that dump we started and want to see if the creek there is down at all. Probably going to dig the dump/pit to the bottom and then find the covered privy the guy was talking about.

Nice weather today. Taking daughter to the park in a bit to practice her punting and throwing (doing the punt/pass/kick competition) and bringing the MD along.

GL if you get out today!

MIdigger

Reaction score

Heading back out today. Would be nice to find some jewelry today.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Well, not much in coinage and nothing in jewelry. I walked that whole 3 plus mile course with the detector and some bags. Got maybe another couple bucks in cans, 2 new warrior fur type hats with the horns, 2 more new bottle openers on the key rings, 2- 4ft flagpoles which have springs to wave in the wind, 3 drifit shirts, couple of new head sweatbands new in the package, 1 pr of size 10.5 Under Armor shoes (as new), and a 9.5 womens Nikes that looked brand new with no mud, no wear on them at all. Did see one detectorist....

didnt have the time to tell him he was in the wrong place, but then again he might be an oldtimer and have a sweetspot. But everyone hits the same area hes in. Everythings in the laundry as I write so should have some as new items in just a bit. Got my walking workout today.

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like another good score day. soon you'll have your own silver plate/tennis shoe shop. the only one in the country...

didn't do anything today. sold 4 more cameras and some other stuff. Got that ready to ship, mowed the lawn and then noticed the sun was gone and the clouds were black. Checked the weather and we're supposed to get hella storms. Finished laundry and fed the kids italian dressing chicken breasts from last night. Now just going to hit some forums and do some research while waiting for laundry to finish up.

GL if you get out today! hope the weather is better for you than it is for us!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Gunnels